Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Sep 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
We’ve just booked the Dolphin fireworks view room for our arrival night (mainly to be onsite so bags can be moved to FQ, we can watch the fireworks from the room and walk to Epcot the next morning). Are there fireworks view rooms with a balcony does anyone know?
Is it definitely classed as on-site for the bag move?
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bronny View Post
We’ve just booked the Dolphin fireworks view room for our arrival night (mainly to be onsite so bags can be moved to FQ, we can watch the fireworks from the room and walk to Epcot the next morning). Are there fireworks view rooms with a balcony does anyone know?
Yes we had a balcony with an Epcot view.

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Is it definitely classed as on-site for the bag move?
Yes, we were able to move bags to the Dolphin from CSR. We could have also done it the other way but chose not to as they say it can take several hours.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’ve booked cash backups twice for my DVC (given I’ve had to cancel the DVC to avoid points going into holding etc) and both times I’ve booked Dolphin on hotels.com where you can get the king suite (corner room with large sofa bed) usually much cheaper than DVC deluxe. No downsides to it as far as I can see. Walk to 2 parks and a few minutes to Yacht Club for the busses.
Old 26 Sep 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes we had a balcony with an Epcot view.

Yes, we were able to move bags to the Dolphin from CSR. We could have also done it the other way but chose not to as they say it can take several hours.
Thank you. We will be hitting up Epcot and taking swimsuits with us in case our bags still haven’t arrived at FQ when we do!
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 21, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

We are in similar position. I had October booked with Waldorf Astoria and Swan as options both around £2.5k/£3k for 14 nights. 2022 is more than double.
·1991 Polynesian ·1999 Villa ·2001 Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa ·2005 Port Orleans French Quarter ·2006 Boardwalk Inn ·2007 Polynesian ·2009 Contemporary Resort ·2010 Yacht Club ·2012 Buena Vista Palace ·2015 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2018 Polynesian & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ·2019 Beach Club ·2022 Beach Club, Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Hard Rock Hotel ·2023 Yacht Club & Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

Thinking of booking a single night at Swan during our Apr/May trip next year.

Main reason for doing this is the location to HS early for Star Wars May the 4th.

If I stayed on the 3rd May would this count as being "onsite" and able to book a ROTR LL at 7am on the 4th?
Would I also be able to book an Olga's ADR sooner than normal?

The rest of the 3wk trip is at Universal, so this was just gonna be a 1 nighter in a suite treat just for the perks and location.

If the perks aren't there at Swan specifically I'll probs look at Boardwalk for a night?
m8rty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List