Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 23 Oct 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Package Holiday Companies

I’m a little out of practice booking a package holiday as I usually book everything separately but just want a little more security and piece of mind for our European next trip.

I’m struggling to think of package holiday companies. I’ve got:
TUI
Jet2 holidays
Easyjet holidays

That’s it! There must be others but I can’t think of any, any ideas please?

Thanks
fizzypop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

We only use Jet2 as a package as flight times are usually good. Or we buy Jet2 flights. Tried Ryan Air last year and ended up traveling/quarantining rather than losing money so next time I have to use will have better insurance.

I think there may be other companies (outside the 3 you have) that put together a package but are not package companies. Not sure what the difference is in protection
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Theres probably not as many as there used to be! Do you have any local/independent ones? If they've survived the last 18 months or so then they are likely to be a good option.
Otherwise, my inlaws have used Jet2 for years without issues, they're happy to pay a little bit more to fly from a local airport Doncaster or Leeds as they're pretty equidistant to where they live - and i'm their personal driver... !
Old 23 Oct 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loveholidays, onthebeach. A bit more expensive but I would probably stick to Jet2. The have come through the pandemic with the best reputation.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Loveholidays, onthebeach. A bit more expensive but I would probably stick to Jet2. The have come through the pandemic with the best reputation.
Issue with agents like On The Beach etc is they are a middle man putting together a package so if you have any issues it's then doing the refund/changes

Direct with Jet2 or TUI I feel you are more in control and better protected to get refunds.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Don't forget BA Holidays too.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I use Easyjet Holidays for Europe purely because I don't live far from Luton Airport.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Thanks, I was hoping to have a bit more choice, it’s a long time since I’ve booked a package and was sure I must have missed some but apart from BA which I will check out.
fizzypop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I’m happy to look at an enquiry for you as well drop me a PM as I don’t want to publicly say who I work for lol. But if you want me to look I’ll ping you my work email.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

BA Holidays are great.

I have used Destinology in the past but they are pretty much just for top end hotels etc.