Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Oct 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

We’ve booked the T5 Prem Inn for next sept the night before our flight. I’m going to book the short stay parking at the airport, With the parking issues, would you recommend booking it the day before the flight ie, taking the car straight there rather than trying to park at the Prem Inn for that night ?
How far away is the short stay from the PI? Is it easily walkable ?
This will be our first time from Heathrow thanks
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nasty View Post
We’ve booked the T5 Prem Inn for next sept the night before our flight. I’m going to book the short stay parking at the airport, With the parking issues, would you recommend booking it the day before the flight ie, taking the car straight there rather than trying to park at the Prem Inn for that night ?
How far away is the short stay from the PI? Is it easily walkable ?
This will be our first time from Heathrow thanks
It’s fairly close but not sure it’s walkable, due to paths etc. We have booked this hotel but due to our flight times in goes into the next day for the parking so it isn’t any more expensive to drop the car the night before.

The bus 423 goes from T5 and goes along the road behind the PI. It’s the first stop I think.
Then there is a little path to walk through to bring you the hotel entrance.

There is a YouTube video of somebody riding the 433 bus and you can see which stop to get off.

For the return journey the bus stops right outside the hotel.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
It’s fairly close but not sure it’s walkable, due to paths etc. We have booked this hotel but due to our flight times in goes into the next day for the parking so it isn’t any more expensive to drop the car the night before.

The bus 423 goes from T5 and goes along the road behind the PI. It’s the first stop I think.
Then there is a little path to walk through to bring you the hotel entrance.

There is a YouTube video of somebody riding the 433 bus and you can see which stop to get off.

For the return journey the bus stops right outside the hotel.
Thanks, is there a fee for the bus?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Thanks, is there a fee for the bus?
There was a travel free zone around Heathrow but this was stopped last year due to you know what. Not sure if it will come back. It’s £1.60 ish something on the bus I think.
It would be fairly cheap in a Uber too. Even if you did an Uber both ways it would still be cheaper than the PI car park, and the short stay it only something like £5 for an extra day.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

I have just booked the Premier Inn T5 for my trip America in March, £29!, can't go wrong with that. I have been looking into the transfers back and forward to T5. From the hotel to T5 looks very simple and easy but the trip from T5 to the hotel on the 423 bus is not something I'm looking forward to. The stop is a convenient distance from the hotel but not if I am trundling a suitcase and add to it that I will have to cross the Bath Rd.
As I have only had to spend £29 I'm happy to splurge a bit on a taxi but I can't imagine many taxi drivers will be too happy when I say Premier Inn T5.
Has anyone used a taxi for this?

I have looked at Uber and see that a journey is estimating at £20-25 whci seems a bit over the top but it still keeps the cost down to around £50 with transfers back and forward - are Uber's easy enough to get at Heathrow?

Are there any other easy options?
SandLake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SandLake View Post
I have just booked the Premier Inn T5 for my trip America in March, £29!, can't go wrong with that. I have been looking into the transfers back and forward to T5. From the hotel to T5 looks very simple and easy but the trip from T5 to the hotel on the 423 bus is not something I'm looking forward to. The stop is a convenient distance from the hotel but not if I am trundling a suitcase and add to it that I will have to cross the Bath Rd.
As I have only had to spend £29 I'm happy to splurge a bit on a taxi but I can't imagine many taxi drivers will be too happy when I say Premier Inn T5.

I have looked at Uber and see that a journey is estimating at £20-25 whci seems a bit over the top but it still keeps the cost down to around £50 with transfers back and forward - are Uber's easy enough to get at Heathrow?

Might be worth contacting the thistle hotel directly opposite the premier inn as they have access to the pods that takes you to T5 its £6 each to go through the gate and get on a pod, apparently you go to reception and pay then enter the code given to you at the gate, unsure wether this is for hotel residents only but iam eyeing it up as iam parking there in june.
Old 27 Oct 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

I think the pod parking is currently closed so not sure that the pods themselves are actually running. Hopefully as demand increases they will open it.
I think there is also the hotel hoppa bus, which i think is £6.
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

POD parking opened this week
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SandLake View Post

We used a taxi two weeks ago from T5 to the PI T5 and it was £15. In the morning we were lazy and just used the courtesy phone (never cheapest I know) and it was £19 back to T5. The evening taxi we waited about 20 seconds through the managed rank and in the morning the taxi arrived five minutes early
Old 28 Oct 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SandLake
Excited about Disney

That's great, very useful to know. Thanks
SandLake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List