Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Oct 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
So you’d be looking for afternoon LL? It only gives you the next possible time though. I wonder at what point in the day it offers after 2pm LL for HS so you could start booking one every 2 hours? Something maybe to investigate. It would be pretty annoying if you got the timings wrong and ended up with very little choice later on.
She talks about it in this video.

AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
She talks about it in this video.

Thanks. Just settling down to watch this.
Love TP but never really watched any videos from them before.

Very interesting watch - thanks again.

Edited at 05:30 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
So does this mean you can book Gemie+ rides at a park you've not got a reservation at? This is something I'd be interested in doing, but I'm not 100% sure if it needs to be used in your reservation park first before you tell Gemie+ that you're planning to park hop and start booking for your second park. Will be great to hear if any of the vloggers have actually tested this
Yes you can - if you watch the TP vlog posted above, Becky confirms that Genie in Genie + mode will know not to schedule ride times before 2pm if you are booking them for a park other than the one you have reservations for on that day. It’s at about 37/38 mins in.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

I really think we might focus on stacking evening rides if we make rope drop. A lot of the videos I've watched have seemed to suggest its not always needed early doors. We love a wander round HS especially in the evening and would for sure try out Genie+ to get bookings for the non individual rides. I don't think it's something we would use every day but if we are hopping or fancy a later start I can see how it would work for us.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
Yes you can - if you watch the TP vlog posted above, Becky confirms that Genie in Genie + mode will know not to schedule ride times before 2pm if you are booking them for a park other than the one you have reservations for on that day. It’s at about 37/38 mins in.
So, I wonder then if "next available" becomes next available after 2pm if you search in another park. I thought I'd have to constantly watch my phone throughout the day if we wanted evening ones but maybe not? So say we are in MK and getting on everything we want so we think lets book for this evening. Switch to HS, it won't let us book anything before 2 so say we get Slinky for 4-5, 2 hours later, would it offer say Star Tours and first available after 2 do you think rather than just next available full stop?
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
So, I wonder then if "next available" becomes next available after 2pm if you search in another park. I thought I'd have to constantly watch my phone throughout the day if we wanted evening ones but maybe not? So say we are in MK and getting on everything we want so we think lets book for this evening. Switch to HS, it won't let us book anything before 2 so say we get Slinky for 4-5, 2 hours later, would it offer say Star Tours and first available after 2 do you think rather than just next available full stop?
I think, from what I’ve seen over the past few days that if you have your Genie + booked for Slinky for 4-5 as in your example and you are at your window to book another Genie + and you select Star Tours, it should give you the next available time after 2pm, it doesn’t reference your slot for Slinky if that is what you are asking. Also, per Molly on AllEars, if the ride time it offers you doesn’t suit, refresh the screen and it could offer you a different time slot.

All early days and things will probably evolve but that is my understanding so far

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Thank you. I've just finished watching it and saw that. It would be good to know if they've actually tested tgst or if it's an assumption. I might drop them a message to find out

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
I've deleted and reinstalled multiple times.

Good look asking Disnry for help direct. I phoned them and gave up after no answer, and it took them 4 days to respond to a chat and then they answered completely the wrong question
Oh no that’s so annoying. I hope you get it sorted

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

I think, from what I’ve seen over the past few days that if you have your Genie + booked for Slinky for 4-5 as in your example and you are at your window to book another Genie + and you select Star Tours, it should give you the next available time after 2pm, it doesn’t reference your slot for Slinky if that is what you are asking. Also, per Molly on AllEars, if the ride time it offers you doesn’t suit, refresh the screen and it could offer you a different time slot.

All early days and things will probably evolve but that is my understanding so far
Makes perfect sense, I think the same as you do. So if it remains the same, the best idea would be to book your main ride (for HS probably always slinky as it fills up) for the time you want to be getting back into the park then build later from there. Mollys videos have been a massive help.
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Sorry if it's been mentioned anywhere but has anyone seen the rumours that they're trying to work out a deal for genie+ and uk tickets? I saw it mentioned elsewhere (nothing official or reliable) and someone mentioned that it's all over twitter. I havent looked but just wondered if anyone had seen anything. I think too good to be true if I'm honest.