Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Oct 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Hidden gem a day trip to Zakopane, it was our favourite day!
Auschwitz was devastating but so interesting.
The Harry Potter cafe was brilliant too.

I absolutely loved Kraków 😍

We vlogged our trip if it's any help to you.
x
Oh that’s brilliant thank you! I’ll definitely watch this! I have heard of Zakopane, and the hot springs trip. Didn’t know if you could go in winter though!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Salt mines is a great afternoon or morning out. Costs about £35 including transfers from hotel. Normally hotel will book for you.
Jewish quarter is another place to walk around.
The cost of everything is so cheap compared to the uk. Local beer is under £1= in the bars used by locals.
We took a taxi from airport to krakow best way to travel IMO and hotel booked us a return.
The people are really friendly and you will love the small taverns to eat and drink in.
We exchanged our currency in krakow. Beware of some places to exchange money.
Here is a link we used to learn about money in krakow. We used the exchange just outside main square that’s talked about in the blog and YouTube video in link below
discovercracow/polands-currency/
Have a great trip. Krakow is brilliant.
Thanks so much! With the taxi, did you just get one at the airport, or did you prebook?

I’ll have a look at the money video x
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by langside View Post
I’m hopefully heading there in 2 weeks time. Glad the train was mentioned as a good way of getting to & from airport as that’s what I as planning to do. I was thinking Of perhaps booking a food tour for our 1st day to experience some new foods but also hopefully get some good tips and advice.
I haven’t booked a hotel yet - I was thinking of hotels near train station/ in old town any recommendations would be appreciated there seems to be quite a lot
Let me know how your trip goes and what it’s like with covid please if you wouldn’t mind
Old 18 Oct 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Well 8 weeks today and we will be off to Krakow! We were due to go in December last year but we won’t talk about that 😂.

We’re staying in the Radisson for 4 nights and are definitely going to Auschwitz. Does anyone have any recommendations of what to do? I’m not going to take my wheelchair so lots of breaks will be planned in in case I struggle, but we want to see and do whatever we can .

Has anyone been in covid, and do you know if there is a specific app we need? For France we had the Tous Anti Covid so I wasn’t sure if Poland had their own, I am struggling to find out.

Thanks in advance!
Ohhh we're going in a couple of weeks too but just doing 2 nights. Couldn't believe the flight prices and had to cancel a trip last year so thought sod it and booked.
We've booked the Holiday Inn City Centre.
There's 4 of us and I'm looking to book a return transfer with Holiday Extras.
Also because we're only doing 2 nights going to do the full day Auschwitz Trip along with the Salt Mines which includes Lunch'
We're flying on the 6th November. When do you fly?
Old 18 Oct 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by simmofamily View Post
Ohhh we're going in a couple of weeks too but just doing 2 nights. Couldn't believe the flight prices and had to cancel a trip last year so thought sod it and booked.
We've booked the Holiday Inn City Centre.
There's 4 of us and I'm looking to book a return transfer with Holiday Extras.
Also because we're only doing 2 nights going to do the full day Auschwitz Trip along with the Salt Mines which includes Lunch'
We're flying on the 6th November. When do you fly?
We’re flying 12th December flights were expensive for us in comparison to what we had been looking at but we said we were going to do it and we’re trying to make the best of things now we’re allowed out and to work!
Old 18 Oct 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

We’re flying 12th December flights were expensive for us in comparison to what we had been looking at but we said we were going to do it and we’re trying to make the best of things now we’re allowed out and to work!
Yes we've just come back from a weeks cruise round Greece and were just going to concentrate on Christmas. However flights at £10 each came along and what can you do but book it. I'm going to enjoy what I can whilst we can
Old 18 Oct 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Thanks so much! With the taxi, did you just get one at the airport, or did you prebook?

I’ll have a look at the money video x
Picked up taxi outside from rank. They are all official at the rank and all charge the same. As someone mentioned 120 zlotty. About £30. Cheap in my opinion and a chance to gain local knowledge from the driver who spoke great English.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

You can just pay at the entrance for the salt mines, it is ALOT of stairs down and then a very fast and cramped lift back up.

We went to Poland early September and there were no problems regarding Covid. No testing or isolation requirements on entry and just had to do a test 2 days before coming home and then the home tests.
Mask wearing wasnt enforced other than on the flights/at airports.
skinnybaby is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
paulaandhappy
Very Serious Dibber

Hi we were in Krakow in September and booked transfers and trips with Daniel at Krakowtrip.com . His drivers are great and the price is good also we have used him in previous visit also. This time we got private trip to Zakopane, Salt mines at wieliczka, energylandia theme park and Ojcow National park all of these are worth visiting. Always on time and very friendly and professional Can highly recommend also for private transfers to and from airport for 90 zloty each way these worked out £20 each way.
:pop:June 06 Imperial swan, Aug 07 Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando, Aug 08 Crowne Plaza Universal, Feb 09Fairfield Inn & Suites Int Dr,Nov 09 Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando Convention Centre Universal Boulevard, Sept 10 Homewood Suites Sept 11 Extended Stay Deluxe Universal BoulevardFeb 12 Homewood Suites Int DriveFeb 13 Comfort Inn & Suites Canada Ave Feb 2014 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando Aug 2014 Enclave Suites Feb 2016 Comfort Inn and Suites Canada Ave April 2017 AllStars Music&Staysky Suites

Edited at 07:34 PM.
paulaandhappy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We had to cancel last Easter due to covid - can't wait to start making these plans again.

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List