Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 25 Oct 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
The_Wilsons
Trying for More Ears

Bizarre COVID rules

So we just got back from a 4 day trip

COVID rules are just bizarre out there.

We was asked for the tous AntiCovid app each time we entered our hotel or the village but was randomly checked on entering a park. This was easy and not a concern.

As you enter cast members are holding signs to remain 1m apart. That rule only applies until your on a ride where they will squeeze every last person on a boat or in a show. We had strangers sat with us on ratatouille, star tours and all made to bunch up during the lion king show.

2m stickers on the floor are all being removed. No plexiglass divider on pirates but there was on small world.

Face masks are just all over the place. Our son was asked only once for his age to check wether he needed a mask. I simply relied he’s 5 as I wasn’t going to make him wear one when a lot of adults just wore medical chin straps.

There was just no consistency across the parks on the rules.
The_Wilsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Chops
Getting Excited

I myself had a laugh when we got on pirates having already been on small world. Smacked of ticking a box where they could but it was just too much bother on pirates. Queue in there rammed and boats filled to brim. Saw lots of staff holding signs saying wear your masks, but plenty not, and I didn’t see a single person challenged even at ride entry points. Floor stickers a waste of time everyone was ignoring them. Restaurants as well seriously crammed in, planet hollywood was the busiest I ever saw it, every square inch had a table on it. Bizarrely haunted mansion had over the top spacing in all areas. Saying all that we still had a great time 👍

Edited at 02:24 PM.
Chops is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

I think the rules have just changed so social distancing isn’t required any more but masks still should be.
I’ve seen pictures on Twitter of them removing the sticker markers on the floors. I guess it’s not all been done so comes across as a botch job at the moment. I’m assuming that the glass partitions will come down shortly/when Small World closes for refurb.

Hope you had fun despite the confusion.
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I found the opposite, CMs were telling people to put their masks on properly, even over the intercom on star tours!
Floor markings are being removed, announcements on rides saying that rides will be filled up so masks have to be worn.
Didn't see anyone holding 1m signs either.
Old 26 Oct 21, 02:26 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

We have found this too over the last two days.
Old 27 Oct 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

We're here now and most people seem to be wearing masks correctly most of the time - amazing how people here have figured out how to cover their noses, can someone tell everyone back home ;-)
But no distancing, enormous crowds to get in after extra magic hour all packed in to the front of the park.
Never had our covid passes checked to get into the park but I assume it's because they are checked going from the hotel's to the village already.
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Here now and I'd say the majority in the park are wearing masks but probably only 50% correctly . Not covering noses even by security staff.
They are good at checking vaccines but won't insist on mask wearing correctly
Outside the parks it's 50% wearing them. Walking around Cheyenne it's even less.
Surprisingly the Brits seem to be doing really well imo.
Theres basically no children under 15 wearing masks.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

We have just got back from 4 days there and the parks seemed mega busy. I was actually impressed with the staff ensuring masks were worn. Loads of sanitizer on all rides and generally felt as safe as we could be given we were mixing with thousands of others every day!

My son went on hyperspace mountain for the first time and wanted to buy the ride photo so we both dropped our masks for the photo bit. On buying the photo the CM digitally added a mask to my face as I'd broken the rules! Fair play! I suppose it makes the Disney corporate brand look like they are playing to the rules incase I was to show the picture to the media and say Disney aren't bothered about mask wearing!
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfan
Trading Disney Pins

We found it funny how generally measures were followed and we felt safe in the park only to be squeezed onto buses with no space at all to get back to partner hotels (didn't feel safe pre-covid...)
goofyfan is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

I thought it was good they have hand sanitiser on all the tables in restaurants and absolutely everywhere in queues and shops. Such a small thing but must help with all sorts of yucky bugs and reminds you to keep doing it!