Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 26 Oct 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Spoiler alert .. the shuttle from magic circus was worse this morning!
Absolute joke that they have all these measures and then cram everyone on to these hot buses.
The shuttle picks up at the Campanile first then magic circus second so by the time it got to us is was absolutely shoulder to shoulder so why the hell does the driver still pick more up? Literally only 7 people managed to cram themselves on so we ordered another Uber as we have a train to catch.
No point in complaining to anyone as it’s happened for years but you’d think during these times they’d limit passengers and use more buses!
Ah well, only one more night till we can walk to the parks and back 😅
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Day 1

Another hot night but luckily I slept better but I’m sure it was just because I was exhausted!
Was so noisy during the night with children (and some adults) shrieking and shouting in the hall way.
I know it’s to be expected in a family place like this but at one point I thought one had got in bed with me it was so loud!
We woke up with the alarm which was set for 8am and even though every inch of my body wanted to go back to sleep I knew we had to get up as had to be at the station for 10 so we could go in to the centre of Paris for the catacombs and to see the Eiffel Tower.
Breakfast was like feeding time at the zoo and was woeful at best.
Mini chicken sausages (≈≈≈?) Smokey bacon and watery scrambled eggs, the obligatory fruit salad and pastries.
Only thing I enjoyed were the breakfast potatoes and that was saying something!
Waited for the Hell bus to arrive so we could get to the station and it arrived absolutely rammed to the hilt so we took one look at that and ordered an Uber.
Beat the bus again amd got to the station for 9:45.
Bought our tickets from the RER machines (not the SNF as that would be a costly mistake so double check you’re in the RER side of the station , the side closest to the Disney parks)
€19 for all 3 of us one way and we got the train to Chatelet les Halles and then changed trains to get to Denfert rochereau which is where the Paris catacombs were located, practically across the road.
Absolutely mind blowing place, deep underground and full of thousands and thousands of bones from Paris residents of the Middle Ages.
They were exhumed from Charnel houses from ancient cemeteries, tombs and communal graves and moved here as the city of Paris expanded above and space ran out of the living.
They’re stacked so meticulously and it’s hard to not be awestruck by the volume of bodies down there.
Now, I am one of the weird ones .. death and anything to do with it fascinates me no end, the more macabre the better and dd is becoming the same 😳
I didn’t find it creepy or eerie, it was just so interesting and respectful and at the same time a bit sad that they’d had to be moved from their original resting places.
The tunnels are vast and go on for miles under the streets above.
Some are shut as they are unsafe but there are more than enough to walk through.
When we came out at the end we were a good 2 blocks from the original entrance which was pretty impressive and to think some don’t even know this is down here!

I spent too much on skull type souvenirs (I do love skulls and skeletons) and then we got the train to Notre dame to see the cathedral, it was only 5 stops away from where we were.
Had a sub par lunch of duck confit (came with chips when it was meant to be roast potatoes!) and then went to see the beautiful cathedral.
Sad that we can’t go in due to the reconstruction of the roof that burnt down a couple of years ago but was great to see it anyway.
Then we made a stupid decision to walk from there to the Eiffel Tower.

It was around 2 miles and was pleasant enough walking along the Seine but we were so tired by the time we arrived.
What can I say about the Eiffel Tower? I think “meh” sums it up.
We had no interesting going up it and thankful for that considering it’s 1- expensive 2- busy and 3- has a butt load of stairs!

Also seemed to be a dead zone for phone networks so we panicked about not being able to use Google maps to fine the RER station home!
We made a sort of uneducated guess and luckily managed to go the right way and we picked up 4G again and worked out that the station we needed was right near the Arch d triumph so ticked that off too.. another “meh”
Got the train here direct to Marne le vallee which was another stroke of luck and we’re back at Disney village for 4:45.
Had a few drinks in the sports bar, a lovely Glowtini, a pina colada and a merlot for me, 2 fuzzy candys for dd (mocktail) and 2 Grimbergen for dh.
Love the staff in here, they’re very friendly and one guy in particular is so funny..
Dh asked if it was still happy hour and he said “for all these people, yes ..for you? No”
I remembered him from our previous trips so was good to see him again.

We then went to the Lego shop and got a few smaller sets for Izzy and we got the mini castle for the 50th anniversary which is very cute!

We braved McDonalds afterwards just because we were both a bit tipsy and couldn’t be bothered to find anywhere else!
Stuffed and tired as we had been out for 11 and a half hours today we decided to go back to the hotel and watch another Harry Potter while I write this.
Another good day!
Off to Art of Marvel tomorrow and our first park day, yay! No more Plague buses!

Edited at 09:29 PM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

€9.99

€9.99

€34.99

Edited at 09:18 PM.
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Just a heads up, there is a picket line now outside Hotel New York-Art of Marvel, don’t know if they’re still outside NPB but they’re blimmin noisy!
They just love the airhorn!
- also outside the station now and actually in Disneyland parc!

Edited at 11:31 AM.
Old 27 Oct 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Just a heads up, there is a picket line now outside Hotel New York-Art of Marvel, don’t know if they’re still outside NPB but they’re blimmin noisy!
They just love the airhorn!
- also outside the station now and actually in Disneyland parc!
I saw the pictures of them inside the park. I'm surprised they're actually allowed to be there. Or maybe they just don't want the PR of removing them.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiendj View Post
I saw the pictures of them inside the park. I'm surprised they're actually allowed to be there. Or maybe they just don't want the PR of removing them.
We were too as didn’t think anything political etc.. was allowed in the parks but maybe that’s just the US.
There was so much security around and then by the time we went back they’d all gone thankfully.
It’s not the place for it, some of the children we saw were scared by the noise they were making.
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Hotel New York- Art of Marvel

Checked in today and have to say the hotel is beautiful and feels very luxurious.
Rooms are fab and we enjoyed the pool although it’s not anything special.
Had a great dinner at the Downtown Buffet and have The Manhattan restaurant booked for tomorrow.
Reception told us that if you ask a ‘special’ cast member then they will give you a guided tour of the Marvel Gallery and tell you more about the art in the lobby etc..
Skyline bar is very expensive but the “view” behind the bar is fab and so much fun to watch.
Will post a few pics now but then off to bed as we managed to squeeze in a few rides before the park shut so have had another massively busy day!
Old 28 Oct 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow that hotel looks fabulous!
Busy days are good at Disney!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Wow! Looks amazing! Sounds like you’re having a great time!
Can’t wait to stay here in August/September, but we plan to eat there in January to get a taster!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Wow that hotel looks fabulous!
Busy days are good at Disney!
You say that but we are all exhausted 😂
The hotel is the best one we have stayed in on-site in all our visits!