Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Oct 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chris123armit View Post
So from watching this video (thanks for posting) it looks like I should be able to get my DS (who we get a DAS for) on ROTR 👏🏻👏🏻…🤞🏻🤞🏻
Yes you should be able to get any ride
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by chris123armit View Post
So from watching this video (thanks for posting) it looks like I should be able to get my DS (who we get a DAS for) on ROTR 👏🏻👏🏻…🤞🏻🤞🏻
You can get any - but the ‘fancy rides’ cannot be booked in advance - only on the day of.
bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
You can get any - but the ‘fancy rides’ cannot be booked in advance - only on the day of.
But you can hold a prebooked and make a DAS for it?

Ie if UK guests can pre book i can make a couple of pre registered rides say TSM and slinky? But once in the park i can DAS Railway?

Meaning we can ride the other 2 while our timer clicks down on Railway?

I dont have to wait to use both prebooked rides to do so?
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
But you can hold a prebooked and make a DAS for it?

Ie if UK guests can pre book i can make a couple of pre registered rides say TSM and slinky? But once in the park i can DAS Railway?

Meaning we can ride the other 2 while our timer clicks down on Railway?

I dont have to wait to use both prebooked rides to do so?
Yes, you can do this. Your prebooked rides are separate from the day off return times. Think of them like an ILLS pass (or more accurately, like an old FP+) where day of are Genie+.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Yes, you can do this. Your prebooked rides are separate from the day off return times. Think of them like an ILLS pass (or more accurately, like an old FP+) where day of are Genie+.
Hopefully they roll out the service to UK guests then. I could probably plan around it quite well.

Prebook, DAS, Prebook, DAS, snack, DAS.

Seems fair enough.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Hopefully they roll out the service to UK guests then. I could probably plan around it quite well.

Prebook, DAS, Prebook, DAS, snack, DAS.

Seems fair enough.
The fact you can book a ride as soon as you’ve scanned in is pretty awesome, I wonder if they will change that, as technically you are riding a ride and during that time you are already virtually waiting for the next one, assuming the queue for the next ride isn’t that long you could easily go from ride to ride with next to no wait inbetween.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
The fact you can book a ride as soon as you’ve scanned in is pretty awesome, I wonder if they will change that, as technically you are riding a ride and during that time you are already virtually waiting for the next one, assuming the queue for the next ride isn’t that long you could easily go from ride to ride with next to no wait inbetween.
It’s odd they offered it. I guess we used to do it with fp+ so it’s no big deal to them. I’m kinda glad they removed the Ills from the system. My DS can’t wait in long lines but he shouldn’t be able to book a return time for rise with the whole party 30 days out.

I wonder if it helps with genie return time planing knowing when and where the das passes will be used.

Sadly it’s way to open to abuse to to the odd laws about not being able to ask for any proof of needing a das pass. I think nearly all of us that would need one are used to showing some kind of diagnosis letter here for various reasons.

Edited at 10:03 AM.
Old 27 Oct 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

It’s odd they offered it. I guess we used to do it with fp+ so it’s no big deal to them. I’m kinda glad they removed the Ills from the system. My DS can’t wait in long lines but he shouldn’t be able to book a return time for rise with the whole party 30 days out.

I wonder if it helps with genie return time planing knowing when and where the das passes will be used.

Sadly it’s way to open to abuse to to the odd laws about not being able to ask for any proof of needing a das pass. I think nearly all of us that would need one are used to showing some kind of diagnosis letter here for various reasons.
Yea it isn't a big deal, but the whole idea of DAS is that it was less likely to get abused because you still had to wait the amount of time and still had to go to the ride. While the new system is imo much better, it will also be open to abuse much more, though I'm sure Disney will also see an increase of legitimate usage as well as many people would have been ok using standby alongside fastpass+.
Old 27 Oct 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Most guests have no idea DAS exists. Yes, it gets abused due to the lack of evidence required - always has. But the number of people who even know about it and would be willing to lie to get it just to skip a few lines is extremely low.

I am one of those legitimate users who never needed it on previous trips as I could manage on FP+ alone as I don't do many attractions in the first place. I am planning to get a DAS this trip even though it's even less focused on attractions mostly to see how the new system works.

Edited at 11:28 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Geerat
Earning My Ears

I also used to manage on FP+ alone but now will be solely relying on DAS and maybe purchasing genie+ as well if queues are awful. I also have 2 children now so will feel awful for them if I have to leave standby queues because of my condition.

Not planning to go til end of 2023 so hopefully I can understand it all by then.