Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Oct 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Let them eat beige - Now Complete

This is our 2nd trip to Disney and our first on the QSDP. We did DDP last on our first trip but I felt really tied to reservations and so far am enjoying just making decisions when we get hungry I have also done a little more research over what would suite us food wise as a family. I have enjoyed reading lots of dining reports so thought I'd give it a go.
The title will become apparent as you see what the kids eat each day.
On this trip is myself and DS who turns 21 while we are here and DD who is 10. We are currently on day 4 of 11 and I will update when I have a bit of down time.

Edited at 05:38 PM.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Loving all these QSDP reports in progress right now. As a parent of a very beige eater I feel your pain! He wouldn't even entertain the Disney nuggets last time as they were too high quality 😂 Looking forward to following along!
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Travel Day
We started off heading to Whsmiths to get sandwich crisps and water for the plane as my 2 are fussy and wanted to make sure they had something to eat.
We had the VRoom free with our holiday so went there to eat and relax before the flight. Food was ok, the hot food was a bit tasteless me and DD had bacon rolls but didn't finish them, DS had a sausage roll and enjoyed it. The pastries were very nice and I also had a blueberry granola yoghurt which was nice and refreshing. Only downside was the water that came out of the freestyle machine had a funny taste and DD only drinks water and occasionally milk and hot choc so she didn't drink much.
I didn't take photos of the offerings as felt a bit silly taking pictures but there was usual hot food offerings, pastries, yogurt, pancake machine which made fresh pancakes at the push of a button with a few sauces and sprinkles, fruit, tea coffee, hot chocolate and a Pepsi freestyle machine.
Staff were friendly and quick to tidy up. Was a relaxing start to the trip and time passed very quickly.

My food

Freyas food

Forgot to get a pic of Zacs Food but he eats so fast I probably didn't have time to take one but he had sausage roll and pastries.
lemon-squeeze is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Travel Day cont
Good frequent service on Virgin, came round with the little pretzel packets and drinks about an hour into the flight.

Lunch about 2hours into the flight, ordered kids meals for both my too Yes even the nearly 21year old as he is very fussy, they had cheese pasta which Zac said was a microwave pasta bake. They both ate it and the snacks that came with the meal. They did run out of kids meals as there seemed to be lots of people on board who didn't pre order them so after lunch they went round and ordered kids meals for people return flights if they wanted them so I would advise pre ordering them if you did want one.

I had the Mac and Cheese which again they ran out of, it was nice enough for plane food and the slated caramel pot was nice but very rich.

When the sandwich came round my 2 wouldn't eat any of the items offered so I gave them back to the fligt attendants to offer to other children as again they didn't have enough of the kids meals, can't remember but believe it was cheese and cucumber and ham and cheese sandwich. Zac had his airport food, Freya took one bite if her sandwich and said it was horrible.

Few snacks that they nibbled throughout the flight.

I thought the tea was nice, and ate it all.

Once at POFQ we grabbed our mugs and a pizza to share and swapped the drink for a cookie which we ate the next afternoon.

Mugs
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
Loving all these QSDP reports in progress right now. As a parent of a very beige eater I feel your pain! He wouldn't even entertain the Disney nuggets last time as they were too high quality 😂 Looking forward to following along!
Thanks for reading, I tried my first Disney nuggets and thought they were lovely but can see how to some they may be too high quality, they have proper meat in them!
Old 21 Oct 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Love the title. My dd is fussy ‘beige’ is one of her favourites!
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I hope you're enjoying POFQ we loved it this summer. Great food court. Do the beignets count as beige food? I hope so!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 03:11 AM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I hope you're enjoying POFQ we loved it this summer. Great food court. Do the beignets count as beige food? I hope so!
Yes thanks really enjoing it and a huge yes to beignets being included in the beige food group.
Old 22 Oct 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Hefalump
a Friend of the DIBB

Im looking forward to reading this as we were at Riverside in the summer and I really, really want to go back! The Disney blues have not left yet!
Hefalump is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lemon-squeeze
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Day 1
We have had the most amazing first day, up and at Hollywood Studios by 7am. The weather was awful with torrential rain until around noon but this worked in our favour with the park being very quiet and us being able to walk on Smugglers run and slinky before a breakfast of lightsaber churrio 2xQS and cup of ice water x3

Then back to slinky, aliens and TSM followed by a NumNum cookie, this was much bigger than it looks in photos and shared between 3 was plenty, I would have found it sickly to have anymore. 1QS and 2x cup of ice water.

After traumatizing my daughter with RnR where she screamed and cried the whole ride and was shaking for a good 5mins after we grabbed a choc chip frap from starbucks 1Qs.

Think the sugar helped her with the shock.
We then did Star tours and decided to drop our last FP as we were starting to get a bit cold with being soaked through and grabbed an early lunch at ABC commissary of 1x plain burger and fries with diet coke and 1x nuggets and fries with diet coke and ice water, Freya and I shared the nuggets and was plenty for 2. Zac had on his birthday badge and was given a birthday cupcake, we shared this but I only had a small bite as I found it had a very chemical taste.
2QS

Back to resort after this and a few hours in the pool we shared the cookie from last night.

Quick shower and off to MK where we aad some dinner at Caseys 1x bacon mac and cheese footlong hotdog and 1x plain footlong hotdog with fries and coke and water 2xQS, i used mobole order for this and placed the order at the hotel and clicked we are here when walking down main street so only had a 2 min wait while others were queuing out the door.

Again glad we did 2 meals to share as was far too much food and u would have found it too heavy a meal to then run around MK. We continued to have amazing success with FP and DAS pass and rode Peter Pan, 7 Dwarfs, Journey of Little Mermaid, Met Aural and Tomorrowland speedway befor heading out just as the fireworks started. Freya is petrified of fireworks so we never get to see them.
Back to hotel and collapsed into bed after a great day.