Notices

View Poll Results: When will masks no longer be required at Disney World?
July 13 6.37%
August 10 4.90%
September 7 3.43%
October 15 7.35%
November 6 2.94%
December 5 2.45%
2022 148 72.55%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Apr 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I voted 2022 because I think Disney will probably be over cautious. I’m hoping it will only be inside when we go in august, but we will put up with it outside if we have to.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jessie2012 View Post
Just read the part about a two layered mask?!Most of mine are one layer-looks like I’ll have to get some more face coverings if I get there in August!
It is recommended to wear at least a two layer one in the UK so you should already be wearing one. One layer gives limited protection.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
It is recommended to wear at least a two layer one in the UK so you should already be wearing one. One layer gives limited protection.
I agree.

Do Disney physically check masks are 2 layer? 🤔
lfc_sarah is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Just looked at my fabric ones and they are two layered anyway,so all sorted!👍🏻
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
I haven't cast a vote as there wasn't an option I felt I could tick. I think there will still be a degree of mask wearing indoors for some time to come but I do think they will ease up on masks outside hopefully in time for the summer. We are due to go end of September so really hope there is some easing by then.

This is exactly my view, didn't vote as don't think it's that straight forward. I think they'll drop the masks outdoors / walking round resorts first, probably around august time. But still need it in queues / on rides / dining venues etc. I then think they will still "advise" mask wearing, but not mandate it in the autumn
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by spoonarama View Post
This is exactly my view, didn't vote as don't think it's that straight forward. I think they'll drop the masks outdoors / walking round resorts first, probably around august time. But still need it in queues / on rides / dining venues etc. I then think they will still "advise" mask wearing, but not mandate it in the autumn
I pretty much think this.

I’ve voted July but that’s really dropping them for outdoors. I think October will be advisory but not mandatory for indoors.

These are guesses but think they could become reality once they’ve pretty much all (who want to be) been vaccinated.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I pretty much think this.

I’ve voted July but that’s really dropping them for outdoors. I think October will be advisory but not mandatory for indoors.

These are guesses but think they could become reality once they’ve pretty much all (who want to be) been vaccinated.

Kat
I really hope this will be the case! I go back and forth as to whether to change my August trip to either October or December! So hard to know what to do
Old 7 Apr 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I really hope this will be the case! I go back and forth as to whether to change my August trip to either October or December! So hard to know what to do
Im the same, just keep looking for glimmers of hope.

I’m just thinking that if Orange County drop them in June then Disney being a little more cautious could wait a few more weeks themselves and go for reducing mask wearing in July? May be wishful thinking but things are moving. And as it gets warmer they may need to make sure guests are comfortable and not passing out all over the place. (That could be me 🥵 )

Unfortunately We can’t move our trip as my dd goes to uni in September and youngest starts college and their holidays don’t match. Will need to be next summer if not this one.

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 21, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Im the same, just keep looking for glimmers of hope.

I’m just thinking that if Orange County drop them in June then Disney being a little more cautious could wait a few more weeks themselves and go for reducing mask wearing in July? May be wishful thinking but things are moving. And as it gets warmer they may need to make sure guests are comfortable and not passing out all over the place. (That could be me 🥵 )

Unfortunately We can’t move our trip as my dd goes to uni in September and youngest starts college and their holidays don’t match. Will need to be next summer if not this one.

Kat
What percentage of Florida is fully vaccinated now? They have said once 50% is done then they'll drop masks haven't they. Not sure how much further they have to go.

Hope it is July latest though as I can't even imagine wearing a mask in the August heat!
Old 7 Apr 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
What percentage of Florida is fully vaccinated now? They have said once 50% is done then they'll drop masks haven't they. Not sure how much further they have to go.

Hope it is July latest though as I can't even imagine wearing a mask in the August heat!
Not sure if I’m reading the stats right but Bloomberg’s are saying 31% (Florida’s) have had one dose and nearly 20% fully vaccinated. But they’ve got a lot of those one dose J&J’s haven’t they? Bloomberg’s also says it’ll be 3 months until the whole of the US is 75% fully vaccinated if the vaccination program carries on like it is.

Mind you it’s all irrelevant if they don’t let us in 🤔 But I believe we’ve got more chance going there in the summer than other parts of Europe at the mo?

Kat

Edited at 03:02 PM.