Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 19 Apr 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

I'm going to give a counter view to many here. I went some years ago with my wife and her two younger sisters. They didn't enjoy it, moaned all the way around and it ruined the day for me.

I went back a few years later with a mate on our way back from visiting friends and it was a much more enjoyable experience.

I would look at the videos with the kids and see what they think as it is a day out of an already busy schedule and also a fair cost for a family.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
I'm going to give a counter view to many here. I went some years ago with my wife and her two younger sisters. They didn't enjoy it, moaned all the way around and it ruined the day for me.

I went back a few years later with a mate on our way back from visiting friends and it was a much more enjoyable experience.

I would look at the videos with the kids and see what they think as it is a day out of an already busy schedule and also a fair cost for a family.
Yes good idea I'll do that - like you say it's a lot of money!
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Some of our party went on our last trip in 2019. I really dislike space so stayed in the villa with my parents. My husband, daughter aged 17, sister, her partner and my best friend (all in 40s) had a great day. They have varying interest in all things space I’d say. My husband would definitely like to go back.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

My husband dragged me there and I actually really enjoyed it.
Old 30 Apr 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Look out for cheap tickets too. Think we got a good deal on Booking. Com 🤔
Old 6 May 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

We managed to get half price tickets a couple of years ago so decided to give it a try and it turned out to be one of the best days of the holiday! We spent a full day there and still didn't get time to see everything, well worth the money.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Definitely!
Always quite liked space etc.. but enjoyed it even more than I thought I would.
Seeing a couple of launches and a landing definitely helped.
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

We loved it, but definitely take tissues for the Challenger section.

I will say, when we went to the Space Shuttle exhibit at the Intrepid in New York, we crossed paths a few times with a couple where he looked to be having the time of his life and she looked bored out her head. After the third or fourth time we saw them, Chris leaned over and whispered in my ear "I'm so glad you're a geek as well!" - point being that if they don't want to be there, it will be obvious even to those not in your party.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Never had a particular interest, but went along as the rest of the family were keen. I came out a convert and now insist we go most holidays. Absolutely fantastic- can’t recommend it enough. Not bad for someone who really did not want to go...

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve been several times, even though I’m not really into space it’s definitely a really interesting day out and would definitely recommend.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List