Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Sep 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

For those getting taxis from airport did you get AED out at the airport to pay for the taxi?
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Essexguy52
I want to go now!

Originally Posted by Bads View Post
Taxis

Entertainer pass
Personally I wouldn't bother for a few days, as only certain places are included in this and you'll find in a bit restrictive on choices, especially for just a few days
If you are definitely going to do theme parks when there, i would get the entertainer app .
although Ferrari world used to be in the Dubai version too, it looks like its only the abu dhabi one now, so you would need to buy UAE Bundle 2021 which covers both Dubai and Abu Dhabi *AED 414.75 including VAT.

That would save you more than it costs assuming all 4 of you are going to the park. You then have the bonus of all the other 2 for 1s the app offers. You do need wifi or data to use the app though. Data is really expensive, but malls, theme parks , hotels offer free wifi . you could always ask the restaurant or where ever you are using it to let you use there wifi to use the app, they are usually quite good.

Edited at 07:42 PM.
Essexguy52 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loads of info re entertainer on the big Dubai thread which may help

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1106638
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

We used the metro a lot when we went - very clean and easy to use!

I did a trip report - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...2#post12401832

Hope that gives you some ideas of other things to do!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We used the metro a lot when we went - very clean and easy to use!

I did a trip report - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...2#post12401832

Hope that gives you some ideas of other things to do!
Thank you, just read the trip report. Did you book the excursions in advance or via the hotel on arrival? We would like to do a dessert safari and some sort of boat trip around the Dubai sights bust don’t know if it’s best to pre-book? I’d prefer not to as you can pick and choose what you feel like doing when you are there. With regards to the metro, how do you pay? I think I read you have to buy some sort of card in advance?
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Loads of info re entertainer on the big Dubai thread which may help

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1106638
Thank you. I will attempt to make my way through this thread!
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
Thank you, just read the trip report. Did you book the excursions in advance or via the hotel on arrival? We would like to do a dessert safari and some sort of boat trip around the Dubai sights bust don’t know if it’s best to pre-book? I’d prefer not to as you can pick and choose what you feel like doing when you are there. With regards to the metro, how do you pay? I think I read you have to buy some sort of card in advance?
Hi

We booked with reception the day before!

You have to get a card from memory but it was easy enough to do!

Have fun’

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

I read somewhere that men are expected to wear long trousers and closed toe shoes in restaurants at night, would the same apply to my 15 year old son? He’s more of a chino shorts kind of boy!
Old 27 Sep 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Katnic1 View Post
I read somewhere that men are expected to wear long trousers and closed toe shoes in restaurants at night, would the same apply to my 15 year old son? He’s more of a chino shorts kind of boy!
This is not the case. There are certain restaurants when long trousers are required but there are also plenty of places where tailored shorts are acceptable
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
For those getting taxis from airport did you get AED out at the airport to pay for the taxi?
I always get mine from the bank or M & S currency booth before I go – you get a better exchange rate.
Although I have never got a taxi from the airport. I’ve always had an Airline or hotel car. Check whether your hotel will collect you as a lot of them do it as part of the package

Edited at 06:48 PM.