Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Where to book for meals? Breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas needed

Hi,

Are all the restaurants in Disney Village walk ups? Cant see a way to book much.
My booking window opens tomorrow and apart from Bistro Chez Remy i cant think where else to plan for.

I know Rainforest Cafe doesnt do bookings. What about Annettes? King Ludwig? Any suggestions/recommendations on where to go?

We will have a nearly 1 year old so probably wont be able to factor in any proper fancy restaurants if that makes sense but we still need to eat a meal.

Wont be going out of the Disney bubble or taking any snacks etc as thats not what we want. Once im on holiday thats it, foreign currency is manopoly money to me

Any suggestions on where to eat/book very much appreciated
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Lol at Monopoly money, I’m the same!
We will be taking a four year old and staying at Newport Bay. We will likely get our breakfast there on a morning as long as I can get my son and DIL up early enough!

We’ve been to DLP once before,about 12 years ago, and I remembered the food to compare poorly to Florida standards.

So we are thinking we just have to lower our expectations and hope we get lucky.
For evening meals we have picked out the restaurant at the Marvel hotel, The Steakhouse at Disney Village, Rainforest Cafe just for the novelty factor, potentially Annettes for the novelty factor and Mickeys kitchen for character Dining( or whatever it’s called).

Marketplace Deli and Caseys are on the lunchtime list, and possibly Five Guys and Earl of Sandwhich. We won’t starve I don’t think!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry should have added you would obviously need to book The Steakhouse, Mickeys Kitchen ( or Cafe or whatever it’s called) and the Marvel Hotel.
Please come back and give us some tips! Where are you staying?
Old 30 Sep 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes ive put down Rainforest Cafe for the novelty factor too although im a bit worried about what the wait time could be

Are all the hotel breakfasts the same, does anyone know?
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
piglet100
Apprentice Imagineer

Is cafe Mickey open again? It's not clear on the app but says characters are currently suspended. I could be wrong but I don't think there's any character dining anywhere at the moment.
Old 30 Sep 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

No no bookings for the non Disney restaurants like rainforest cafe, planet Hollywood and Ludwig’s.
Used to be able to go in and book a table for later in the day but not sure if they still do that as we have been on the dining plan last few years.
The wait isn’t usually that bad unless you want to go around park closing and then it’s absolutely manic at any of those restaurants and the queues usually end up outside.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Going in 3 weeks. no restaurants booked, can't see how to do it or which ones are open and cannot find menus!
Staying at cheyenne. ds has a big appetite.Only 4 days so thinking i'll go for the half board.

Like all you can eat type (boma cape cod etc) and chef mickeys in florida .lower end deluxe burger and wolfgang puck and japanese restaurant.

ANy suggestions? How can i check availability?

Sorry to hi jack thread!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lam View Post
Going in 3 weeks. no restaurants booked, can't see how to do it or which ones are open and cannot find menus!
Staying at cheyenne. ds has a big appetite.Only 4 days so thinking i'll go for the half board.

Like all you can eat type (boma cape cod etc) and chef mickeys in florida .lower end deluxe burger and wolfgang puck and japanese restaurant.

ANy suggestions? How can i check availability?

Sorry to hi jack thread!
If you download the Disneyland Paris app you book on there.
It also gives you links to the menus.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Restaurants and menus are on the website:

disneylandparis/en-g...-studios-park/

You can make bookings on the app.

First things first - do you have a dining plan or not? If not, breakfast is a separate charge, and it's pricey. For Cheyenne you're talking about roughly £20 per adult. The breakfast has all you need - cereal, toast, cooked options, breads, cold meats and cheeses, yoghurt, fruit etc. But unless you are planning to have a really big breakfast and skip lunch, it's not worth paying extra for. If you have a dining plan it's all included.

If we don't have a dining plan we tend to go to New York Style Sandwiches in the Village which does a croissant/juice/coffee deal. Or there's Starbucks at the Cheyenne and in the Village, or Earl of Sandwich does a good bacon and egg roll. Or there's always McD's if you must!

If you're at the Cheyenne they will offer you the Standard dining plan, which covers the buffets at Cheyenne, Santa Fe, La Grange at Billy Bob's in the Village (best Standard level buffet on property in my view), and also in Disneyland Park it covers Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe.

You will get one voucher per night, which you can use for lunch or dinner. Bear in mind that the in-park restaurants will close several hours earlier than the park, so unless you want a really early dinner they are better for lunch.

If you want to eat at one of the more expensive Disney-owned restaurants you can use the voucher like cash, towards the cost. If you do this, your drink won't be included.

The non-Disney owned restaurants like Rainforest Cafe, King Ludwigs, Planet Hollywood, Vapianos and Five Guys are not on the dining plan. I have never seen a good review of Planet Hollywood and rarely of Rainforest Cafe (overpriced and mediocre like the London one). I don't think you can book them in advance but I've never seen either busy.

If you know you want to eat at the more expensive (Cape Cod, Downtown) or the table service restaurants such as Bistrot Chez Remy, Captain Jack's, Manhattan, Steakhouse etc it would be worth buying the Plus dining plan, but it sounds like that's not what you're after.

I believe Cafe Mickey is still closed. It's hugely expensive, has a fixed price menu only and honestly isn't worth it. If you want characters, the best option is the Plaza Gardens breakfast, but I don't think that is back yet.

There are loads of YouTube videos on line showing the restaurants - look for recent ones as the buffet restaurants have gone to a 'family style' system where you order specific plates of food from the menu and they bring them to you. I've seen videos recently by Sam4God who is a UK vlogger.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Restaurants and menus are on the website:

disneylandparis/en-g...-studios-park/

You can make bookings on the app.

First things first - do you have a dining plan or not? If not, breakfast is a separate charge, and it's pricey. For Cheyenne you're talking about roughly £20 per adult. The breakfast has all you need - cereal, toast, cooked options, breads, cold meats and cheeses, yoghurt, fruit etc. But unless you are planning to have a really big breakfast and skip lunch, it's not worth paying extra for. If you have a dining plan it's all included.

If we don't have a dining plan we tend to go to New York Style Sandwiches in the Village which does a croissant/juice/coffee deal. Or there's Starbucks at the Cheyenne and in the Village, or Earl of Sandwich does a good bacon and egg roll. Or there's always McD's if you must!

If you're at the Cheyenne they will offer you the Standard dining plan, which covers the buffets at Cheyenne, Santa Fe, La Grange at Billy Bob's in the Village (best Standard level buffet on property in my view), and also in Disneyland Park it covers Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe.

You will get one voucher per night, which you can use for lunch or dinner. Bear in mind that the in-park restaurants will close several hours earlier than the park, so unless you want a really early dinner they are better for lunch.

If you want to eat at one of the more expensive Disney-owned restaurants you can use the voucher like cash, towards the cost. If you do this, your drink won't be included.

The non-Disney owned restaurants like Rainforest Cafe, King Ludwigs, Planet Hollywood, Vapianos and Five Guys are not on the dining plan. I have never seen a good review of Planet Hollywood and rarely of Rainforest Cafe (overpriced and mediocre like the London one). I don't think you can book them in advance but I've never seen either busy.

If you know you want to eat at the more expensive (Cape Cod, Downtown) or the table service restaurants such as Bistrot Chez Remy, Captain Jack's, Manhattan, Steakhouse etc it would be worth buying the Plus dining plan, but it sounds like that's not what you're after.

I believe Cafe Mickey is still closed. It's hugely expensive, has a fixed price menu only and honestly isn't worth it. If you want characters, the best option is the Plaza Gardens breakfast, but I don't think that is back yet.

There are loads of YouTube videos on line showing the restaurants - look for recent ones as the buffet restaurants have gone to a 'family style' system where you order specific plates of food from the menu and they bring them to you. I've seen videos recently by Sam4God who is a UK vlogger.
Thanks for this Gill, so helpful!
I’ve been binge watching Sam and found her vlogs so useful, also Pixiedust( not really dining) and a Clairytale.

We are staying at Newport Bay in May, I think we would like the breakfast but we like to be out in the parks at opening so just a bit worried in case it takes too much time up.