Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 1 Oct 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Team Bricki Just Touched Down in London Town- September 2021 DAY ONE

Apologies the Leeds days are a bit food picture heavy but we did more in London

We booked today off work to have a lazy day in preparation for the busy week ahead, but unfortunately Brett’s hairdresser was also having some time off so the only time we could get his holiday cut was 8.15am. It was still a lie-in for us though as we usually get up between 3.30-4.15am for work!

Brett decided that we should go out for brunch to make it really feel like we were going on holiday so we booked a table in the gardens of our favourite local restaurant- The Scullery. They do Bottomless brunch here and it includes brunch cocktails such as Bellinis and Mimosas, but with Brett’s exam in the morning and a dinner booked for later in the day, he decided to be sensible and just have brunch and a couple of cocktails (without the bottomless part!)

He enjoyed a couple of these fabulous Salted Caramel Milkshakes with Frangelico

Like the best husband that he is, he insisted that i had the bottomless Mimosas though! I love this drink so much and it's 5 oclock somewhere right!

Brett declared that he was starving and was going to have savoury brunch and sweet brunch! He ordered the Yorkshire Open Omelette (New Potatoes, Peppers, Tomato, Cheddar, Mushrooms) topped with Halloumi

And the Pancakes (Nutella, Banana, Hazelnut)

I dont know how he managed to forget that the portions here are massive but needless to say he didnt finish it all and we took it home to put in the freezer!

I enjoyed Sausage, Scrambled Egg, Smashed Avocado and Chilli Salsa on Toast

We went home to make sure everything was packed and got an Uber over to Leeds- there are no open return train tickets to Leeds so it actually works out cheaper to get an Uber than buy two single train tickets each and a taxi to the station!

We checked into the Radisson Blu and dropped our bags off before calling into Max Spielman briefly to get some passport pictures for Brett. If i am being completely honest i was a little disappointed with the room. It was right by the lift so quite noisy, very small, really hot, a little old fashioned compared to every other room we have stayed in. I feel like we werent given the usual service because we used our reward points to book rather than pay full price.

We had an hour to spare before dinner so went to the hotel bar- Fire Lake. They used to have an amazing cocktail menu here but due to Covid they scaled it back. The cocktails we had were nice though and the staff were lovely- the new Bar Manager said that she wanted to create a signature menu because she didnt think the current menu did the bar justice

We had a Long Island Iced Tea

Espresso Martini

Strawberry Daiquiri

For dinner we headed to another of our all time favourite restaurants- Mowgli. We absolutely love this place- they do Indian Street food and the dishes are on the smaller side so you can order more and share tapas style. It feels like real authentic Indian food here, the decor is beautiful and the cocktails have an Indian vibe as they are mixed with herbs and spices. We have tried various Mowglis across the North and the staff are always brilliant. The food comes out quite quickly as they are usually fully booked. We usually fall lucky here and end up with one of the cute swing seats

We always start with the Chaat Bombs (Crisp Bread Puffs filled with Chickpeas, Spiced Yoghurt, Tamarind, Coriander)

Moving onto Gunpowder Chicken (Coated with Ginger, Garlic, Garam Masala in Chickpea Batter)

Angry Bird (Chicken Thighs marinated and roasted in Tandoori Spices, Garlic, Ginger, Yoghurt, served with Mustard Mowgli Slaw)

Treacle Tamarind Fries (Potatoes topped with Black Spiced Treacle, Tamarind)

Lamb Curry (Soft Lamb cooked in Anise, Plum and Chickpeas)

And chanelled our beloved Sanaa with the Butter Chicken (Tandoori Chicken in a rich, sweet, spiced Tomato and Yoghurt sauce)

For cocktails we enjoyed

Masala Espresso Martini (Vodka, Kahlua, Double Espresso, Garam Masala)

Pomegranate Fizz (Gin, Pomegranate Juice, Prosecco)

Chai Rum Sling (Chai White Rum, Apricot Liquor, Apple, Mint, Lime)

Sweet Delhi Diazaphem (Gin, Raspberries, Green Chartreuse, Ginger, Lemon, Passion Fruit, Apple Juice)

We had just found out that the borders to America were opening so we had a little chat about that over dinner as Brett knew i was feeling a bit strange about it as we could have gone on our November booking after all. But we concluded that next year would be even better as we would see both Disneys in one trip to celebrate Bretts 40th.

Dinner was amazing as always, we never have a bad meal here, the flavours are so fresh and intense and it is genuinely one of our top 5 restaurants of all time

We didnt realise the Leeds shopping centre Trinity stayed open until 8pm so we had a walk around the shops to burn off our Indian feast. We picked up a couple of tshirts for Brett in Superdry (pretending we were in the POTC gift shop at MK)

And had a look at all the awesome sets in the Lego Store. I tried to convince Brett he needed the Marvel Lego Advent Calendar as it was only £25 but he didnt end up buying it.

We saw this awesome car on display

We headed back to the hotel as the shops closed. An early night was needed tonight in preparation for Brett’s two Citizenship tests in the morning

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow! Your breakfasts look amazing, I’m not surprised that Brett couldn’t finish it all. I’m so sad that we didn’t get to Mowgli, it all looks amazing and the cocktails look fab too. Nice to see you managed to fit in some shopping too.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Wow! Your breakfasts look amazing, I’m not surprised that Brett couldn’t finish it all. I’m so sad that we didn’t get to Mowgli, it all looks amazing and the cocktails look fab too. Nice to see you managed to fit in some shopping too.
Hehe i know right, it was nice to defrost the leftovers when we got home though! Definitely give Mowgli a try sometime it is beautiful- i think the Leeds branch is prettier to look at than the Manchester one with all the lights!

2025- Seville

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Such amazing food and drink today .. your pics of the Scullery make me very envious of your trips there.
Shame the room was disappointing . The cocktails made up for it ... Oh that Long Island Iced tea ...
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Such amazing food and drink today .. your pics of the Scullery make me very envious of your trips there.
Shame the room was disappointing . The cocktails made up for it ... Oh that Long Island Iced tea ...
Thank you, we are lucky to have such a lovely place close by, although i am very jealous of the London food scene now i wish we lived closer haha yes a bit annoying, the first time this hotel has let us down after many stays

2025- Seville

Old 3 Oct 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely day, Mowgli food sounds interesting!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Lovely day, Mowgli food sounds interesting!
Mowgli is amazing, never get bored of eating here

2025- Seville

Old 6 Oct 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Hello fellow Mowgli fan! Bar the Chaat Bombs we order exactly the same!
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Hello fellow Mowgli fan! Bar the Chaat Bombs we order exactly the same!
Its just the best isnt it, you have great taste, try the chaat bombs though honestly you wont be disappointed

2025- Seville

Old 9 Oct 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That open omelette looked amazing 😋
Thanks for another great days report 🙏🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List