Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Oct 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Better add a loo brush to the packing list. It won't have a return ticket though.
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Hmm, I completely agree and it really does seem like there is some parallel dimension at play here. We're in the middle of a horrific global pandemic. I'd be extremely grateful just to be able to go to Disney, I wouldn't expect the same pre-pandemic levels of room servicing. Rooms are an aerosol hotspot with a complete lack of control over contaminated surfaces. These people have families and a job they need to attend. I don't think any amount of money paid is license to say "i've paid X, I don't care if they're at risk".

Very different from Disney Cruise Line where vaccination proof is mandatory as is regular testing. Once a week towel and bedding replacement, vacuuming, and bathroom cleaning is normal anyway. Unless the room has been heavily soiled. People are a lot more mindful of personal in-room hygiene now anyway to not require their mess to be mopped up 24/7.
Why is it safer for me to stand in a queue with others, after passing several people on the way, to have the receptionist personally hand me a toilet roll replacement than a housekeeper come in and replace when I am out? Or have them knock on the door and throw in a bag of spare towels which I then have to pick up? Contamination works both ways.

Then there was the time we were actually in the room when a member of staff knocked on the door and asked if she could come in to check the levels of drink sachets etc. while we were there. It makes no sense to me but perhaps you could explain?

Edited at 10:12 AM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Better add a loo brush to the packing list. It won't have a return ticket though.
I thought exactly the same - a cheap plastic one from the pound shop!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hmr89
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
I am bothered about not having the loo cleaned every day as there are no toilet brushes left in the Disney hotel rooms. Other than that I am pretty relaxed about it. I would categorically never leave a hotel room without making the bed, even though I know it will be remade. I think that’s super scruffy behaviour to be honest! In a two week stay I’d want the sheets changing once and new towels 3 times and the floor hoovered a couple of times. Pragmatically. Disney put its own price on Houskeeping when they have folk the opportunity to opt out so according to their own logic they should really reduce room prices by the same amount a night I guess. We always keep tidy in hotel rooms as they are so small I can’t cope with small and messy as well. This won’t be spoiling my holiday.

I must be the biggest scruff of them all because I have never in my life made a bed in a hotel room

That's one of my favourite perks about being on holiday... 50 weeks of the year I work full time and keep my house immaculately clean and see no problem with letting someone who's actual job it is to make the beds, make the bed.
Hmr89 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For Disney hotel prices I would expect at a minimum;

* Empty bins
* Fresh towels
* Beds made up
* Toilet clean

Or a small refund/credit
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
We've stayed in lots of Premier Inns all over,the one we stayed in Inverness in August,like most of the Premier Inns they're not doing housekeeping as they are deep cleansing the rooms between guests🤔 we were staying 6 nights and had to line up at reception to request towels,loo roll etc,this was my daughter in law's room,it had hardly been deep cleansed before we arrived 😳 after going down to show them the pics,they did come in and clean it again,but it's hardly the point,it was £70 a night and to say you're not offering a normal housekeeping service and using the excuse that it's because they're busy deep cleansing between guests, doesn't cut it.

I'll give Premier Inn their due,they refunded £213 to my daughter in law yesterday for our stay in August..she never expected or asked for money back,she just wanted them to see that their rooms are definitely not being deep cleansed between guests.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Have people been complaining to Disney does anyone know? Don't mind making my bed every day but I do mind changing my own bed linen on holiday.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Catman
I want to go now!

This happens in UK with Hilton and their 'sealed room' policy i.e. once cleaned a sticker seals the door till s new guest arrives - however that could be days maybe even weeks and the room gets dirty/dusty. I complained and got a partial refund. They don't tell you but you can request daily cleaning. Moving forward I can see some hotels using this as a way of saving money on staff costs!
Catman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Catman View Post
This happens in UK with Hilton and their 'sealed room' policy i.e. once cleaned a sticker seals the door till s new guest arrives - however that could be days maybe even weeks and the room gets dirty/dusty. I complained and got a partial refund. They don't tell you but you can request daily cleaning. Moving forward I can see some hotels using this as a way of saving money on staff costs!
That’s what I reckon. I think Covid is a good excuse for them to save on staffing costs. Still charge the same but get us to do the work. They will continue as long as they get away with it. Just reading comments on here it seems some people are okay with it.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If I was being cynical I'd say that current cleaning policy is more to do with lack of staff than anything to do with Covid, unless you count that people are financially better off staying at home than working but that's another matter. Disney pre-pandemic were already struggling, hence the Gift card "carrot" for no mousekeeping, they also furloughed/let go loads of staff last year & are probably now struggling to get those back
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List