Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Oct 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Me too -Molly just gives the facts - a great objective view. Well worth watching.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
I still have zero faith they want the free version to do anything other than offer the paid version. I dont trust large companies to not want to make money. If that includes sending people to create a line then offer them a paid way out i believe they would do it.

There is no money at all in free genie. Therefore my brain says it must be there for another reason.

Cynical? Yes. wrong? Hopefully. Trust disney is doing it from the goodness of their hearts no.

Skip to around 19.05 It shows the free genie suggest 2.50 is a low time. the phone shows 11.15. Right under that? BUY GENIE and you can get on at 11.20.

A bit further on RR suggested time to ride 6.15 pm right under it? Genie and its 11.20.

So on and so on. Its making you look at it, its shoving the paid option under your nose a tweek here a few more people in the line there and it becomes alot more appealing to click that $15 button
Will it make it easy for you to buy Genie+ and promote Genie+ in order to reduce your time waiting whilst also providing other information, guidance and itinerary help? Yes, most probably.

Will it do nothing other than push you into paying for Genie+? No, I don’t think so. What you’ve posted isn’t pushing you into paying for Genie+.

In many ways I don’t think it needs to push people to use Genie+. Just look in these threads; people are assuming they are going to buy it - either they already think they need to buy it or they want to buy it - and are complaining about that extra cost. They haven’t even seen Genie+ yet and they’ve already pushed themselves to either buy it or to boycott Disney.

But, yes, it’s going to promote Genie+ and ILLS. Disney would be stupid not using the app to do that.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Will it make it easy for you to buy Genie+ and promote Genie+ in order to reduce your time waiting whilst also providing other information, guidance and itinerary help? Yes, most probably.

Will it do nothing other than push you into paying for Genie+? No, I don’t think so. What you’ve posted isn’t pushing you into paying for Genie+.

In many ways I don’t think it needs to push people to use Genie+. Just look in these threads; people are assuming they are going to buy it - either they already think they need to buy it or they want to buy it - and are complaining about that extra cost. They haven’t even seen Genie+ yet and they’ve already pushed themselves to either buy it or to boycott Disney.

But, yes, it’s going to promote Genie+ and ILLS. Disney would be stupid not using the app to do that.
We will agree to disagree. Im sure come xmas in a few months we will have lots of data.
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

Agree… Disney are going to do whatever is possible to make both Genie and Genie+ work for the guests and ensure they are not waiting in line for too long and therefore maybe in shops, getting snacks etc

Whether this is done mainly through Genie or even better for Disney pushing people to Genie+. However they do it, they are likely going to get some more money out of the guests one way or another.
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Molly has just done a video comparing getting through rides in Universal with Express Pass and without.

I am sure they will do similar challenge when Genie+ becomes available.

Will be good to see…
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you buy genie+ log in at 7sm do you get a choice of times or are they allocated to you. So you might get 10am or 9 pm?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
If you buy genie+ log in at 7sm do you get a choice of times or are they allocated to you. So you might get 10am or 9 pm?

I’m not 100% but from what I understand Genie+ is just allocated to you. The individual lighting lane entrances i believe you can select the times on offer
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
As far as I understand it is next available slot… so very much like legacy FP.

But you will know time before you select.

ILLS I believe you can select the time like FP+.
Old 12 Oct 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
As far as I understand it is next available slot… so very much like legacy FP.

But you will know time before you select.

ILLS I believe you can select the time like FP+.
Ok thanks
Not as bad as I thought then, I presumed you were allocated a time no option
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Ok thanks
Not as bad as I thought then, I presumed you were allocated a time no option
I look forward to seeing it in action, and hopefully we can find a place on theDIBB to have a positive Genie+ thread with strategies / best use etc

I expect still a lot of questions to be answered (Rider Swap/Genie+ for me).