Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Any tips on what to see and do in / near Seattle?

Next Sept we are going on an Alaska cruise sailing from Seattle.

We plan to arrive a few days early (to allow for any COVID test requirements that might still exist) and probably stay a couple of days after the cruise too.

Potentially we will have up to a week in total to spend in the area so I am looking for tips of what to see and do - we will probably have a car so can go a little further afield if it is worthwhile.

Any suggestions / trip reports to read?
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Boeing aircraft museum. You go close to it as you drive from Tacoma into Seattle.

It’s called the Museum of Flight.

Edited at 02:25 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
It's been a few years since we visited Seattle but we love it there. Definitely visit the Boeing Aircraft Museum - absolutely amazing! Also Mount Rainier, Snoqualmie Falls and the surrounding cities of Kirkland, Redmond and Bellevue are lovely. Last time we went we stayed in Kirkland then Bellevue. In Seattle we went to a baseball game and enjoyed a Harbour tour from one of the piers, the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. Lots to do - the lakes and mountains are beautiful
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Visit Vancouver. It’s around 2.5 hours away. You can catch a ferry or a bus if you did not want to drive. We went by bus - it was really cheap (we were not returning to Seattle and flying home from Vancouver).
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Vancouver is wonderful too - so many places to visit
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

Get the Seattle Citypass which gives gets you reservation access to Space Needle and the attractions around it like the Chihuly Garden & Glass and the Museum of Pop Culture. It also gets you a Harbor Tour and aquarium visit.

Pike Market is a must and has the original Starbucks.

We did the Boeing factory tour which was fantastic and plan on the doing the museum of flight on our next visit.
Old 9 Oct 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Boeing aircraft museum. You go close to it as you drive from Tacoma into Seattle.

It’s called the Museum of Flight.
Currently closed I believe due to CV
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Ferry to Bainbridge Island. All the places others have suggested. Pioneer Square, big wheel at the waterfront.

Where are you staying?
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Ferry to Bainbridge Island. All the places others have suggested. Pioneer Square, big wheel at the waterfront.

Where are you staying?
Not sure yet, haven’t even started looking properly as we have only just booked our cruise. Any suggestions are welcome, I would expect we will have a car.

Originally Posted by N52939 View Post
Get the Seattle Citypass which gives gets you reservation access to Space Needle and the attractions around it like the Chihuly Garden & Glass and the Museum of Pop Culture. It also gets you a Harbor Tour and aquarium visit.

Pike Market is a must and has the original Starbucks.

We did the Boeing factory tour which was fantastic and plan on the doing the museum of flight on our next visit.
I will look at all these

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Vancouver is wonderful too - so many places to visit
I didn’t quote everyone but thanks for all the suggestions - I will do more research and start making a list. I saw that Vancouver was nearby so will definitely see if we can fit it in 😀
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Not sure yet, haven’t even started looking properly as we have only just booked our cruise. Any suggestions are welcome, I would expect we will have a car.

I will look at all these

I didn’t quote everyone but thanks for all the suggestions - I will do more research and start making a list. I saw that Vancouver was nearby so will definitely see if we can fit it in 😀
A car will be more of a hindrance than a help in central Seattle. Public transport is excellent and hotel parking is pricey.

When have you booked to go. We are also going on a cruise to Alaska from Seattle, its an expedition boat 80 people, no towns just kayaking, hiking, paddle boarding and skiff riding in the wilderness with UNCRUISE we have travelled with them before and fits are likes.

We have booked Motif in the centre and nearly booked Hilton next door with my points.

Enjoy, I love Seattle, when are you going?