Old 9 Oct 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile Sofitel Heathrow T5, worth it?

We are flying to DLP in November and our flight is 7.15 so we will need to check in about 5am in T5.

The Sofitel is actually on the terminal (though I think still not walkable?)

Is it worth the very high price or should we stick to a PI and pay for a shuttle?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We are flying to DLP in November and our flight is 7.15 so we will need to check in about 5am in T5.

The Sofitel is actually on the terminal (though I think still not walkable?)

Is it worth the very high price or should we stick to a PI and pay for a shuttle?
It is walkable, we stayed there Monday night, had a very comfortable night.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeysworld
Earning More Ears

Sofitel is on sight & very much walkable to T5. Its a nice hotel but bar restaurant etc is very expensive we went into T5 landside & used the George pub as it was much cheaper.

It was ideal for us as we were transferring to T3 next morning for Miami flight so used the free heathrow express train which is very easy but your going through T5 which is even easier.
mickeysworld is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I looked at this for my dates and it was a ridiculous price, about £200 more than the PI. For the sake of a few minutes on a bus or in an Uber, I'll book PI.

Although what I am hoping for is that the huge reduction in the red list will see T4 return to normal operation and can then book the attached PI there and transfer over to T5.

Edit: Just rechecked my dates and it's come down in price quite a bit. Now I'm tempted. I'm already annoyed at having to fly out of LHR anyway, maybe I should just pay the extra to make it a little less painful.

Edited at 12:46 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

Book the Sofitel.
The T5 Premier Inn although close you do need to allow an extra 45 mins for the shuttle and Uber will cancel on you with an excuse as its a short fare and not something I can be bothered with at stupid o’clock.
Also remember November weather can be difficult,you are totally inside from Sofitel to T5 checkin and BA do offer night before baggage drop.
M&S Simply Food at T5 arrivals is good for a room picnic if you don’t want to spend in the Sofitel bar.

Edited at 12:28 AM.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Muppets View Post
M&S Simply Food at T5 arrivals is good for a room picnic if you don’t want to spend in the Sofitel bar.
This is exactly what we did Monday night, walked over to T5 & got ourselves a nice little sushi picnic, it was perfect 😊

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I had been considering the Sofitel because it was right at T5 and with taking the grandkids this time thought it would make life easier but as we need 2 rooms and the charge of £350 per night thats a whopping £700 to add to our budget now absolutely stuck as not sure what to book for the best ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 04:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We always stay at Sofitel when we are flying from Heathrow, I joined the hotel loyalty program so it keeps me coming back too. Very easily walkable to the terminal. I think the early morning start would make me more inclined to stay there as I wouldn’t want to be relying on shuttles.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I won’t stay anywhere else when using T5. It’s around a 5 minute walk from the lobby to check in.

There’s a current family promotion where the 2nd room is 50% off when booking direct. It often pops up on lastminute.com as a secret hotel for around £110.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

It’s expensive usually. But if you’re flying from terminal five and can get a reasonable deal, there is no argument with the convenience. That said, there are several hotels very close by to terminal five which providing you’re happy to invest £10 into a taxi (there are loads) are only a few minutes away and usually much cheaper and same if not better standard.

Edited at 07:49 AM.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List