Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Oct 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rayer72
Swimming at the All Star Resort

I thought you paid the $15 , booked you ride a 7am, then when this has been riden, you can then book another ride somewhere else using Genie. ( So it was $15 a day per person )
Are you saying this $15 is for only one ride booking and that is it ?
Rayer72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rayer72 View Post
I thought you paid the $15 , booked you ride a 7am, then when this has been riden, you can then book another ride somewhere else using Genie. ( So it was $15 a day per person )
You can book rides at different attractions throughout the day. The limit is you can only do a LL pass for each individual attraction once. So say you're at MK and your first pass is for Haunted Mansion. Once you've tapped into that, you can then book a pass for say Big Thunder. But not for Haunted Mansion again.

ETA: You could still go through Haunted Mansion again in standby as much as you like. It's only restricting the LL access.

Edited at 12:34 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rayer72

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
You can book rides at different attractions throughout the day. The limit is you can only do each individual attraction once. So say you're at MK and your first pass is for Haunted Mansion. Once you've tapped into that, you can then book a pass for say Big Thunder. But not for Haunted Mansion again.
Gotchha, thanks :-)

But I have a family of five, so $75 extra a day... errrrmmmm ... kids, what do you want to do today at the park.. book rides or being able to eat
Rayer72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rayer72 View Post
No, it's only 1 lightening lane (old FP) ride per attraction. Previously, you might have been able to get another FP for the same attraction, but now you can't, even if there is availability. The only way to ride the same attraction more than once per day will be to use the standby line for subesquent rides.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rayer72

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
No, it's only 1 lightening lane (old FP) ride per attraction. Previously, you might have been able to get another FP for the same attraction, but now you can't, even if there is availability. The only way to ride the same attraction more than once per day will be to use the standby line for subesquent rides.
Gutted for my daughter... she loves Splash Mountain, and would be first chocie for fastpass, and if another FP appeared later, she would go on it again, and again if available. So now, after paying an additional $15 , she has this preferred choice removed. and told she has to go via Standby line after the first ride . Seems good value...
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
Park hopping is the best way to get bang for buck. Jumping to Epcot is a great idea test track and soarin getting done means zero need to buy the genie in Epcot.

If i was on site and paid for this rancid thing i would be using as much as possible.

Indeed if you where to pay up i see no reason Disney cant be done in a week with ease,

Thats some glorious savings over a 2 week stay. More money to then go to universal and DC...
Yes if your aim is to get as many theme parks rides done per holiday as you can. That’s not mine. I have headliners I want to ride more than once and will pay for if I have to but generally I just want to spend time at Disney. I’m prepared to pay for Genie + and the individual selections but hoping not to every day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
1 a day will help those that arrive later I guess but overall this is a terrible system compared to fast pass plus
It’s a terrible system compared to the original paper fastpass! Literally a worse offering than a decade ago.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by nth09 View Post
It’s a terrible system compared to the original paper fastpass! Literally a worse offering than a decade ago.
But no one has used the system yet. How can it be terrible?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
But no one has used the system yet. How can it be terrible?
Only 1 fastspass/LL per ride per day for one thing, that you have to now pay for. Standby queues being the only other option

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Only 1 fastspass/LL per ride per day for one thing, that you have to now pay for. Standby queues being the only other option
But again no has tried it yet. There are things on paper that don’t look great, that’s not something I’ll disagree with but once in operation it may work really well or again it may not. We don’t know until actually rolls out. I just disagree with it being said it’s terrible system before it’s actually operating. Remember the complaints about FP+ before it rolled out or was even tried? And that was free!

Edited at 03:57 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List