Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Oct 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

PCR test for entrance to The Netherlands

Any recommendations for a PCR test for travel to The Netherlands?

We’re driving, so going via France with a 1 night stopover there which doesn’t require any test, only proof of vaccination & passenger locator for. Which is straightforward. Then driving on through Belgium, as we are there less than 48 hours no test required, although I’m trying to get to the bottom of whether we need to fill in a passenger locator form, but that form requires you to state where you are staying in Belgium, we we aren’t, struggling to find any info on transit ( other than air transit situation) so anybody whose travelled through Belgium I’d be interested in that as well

Paperwork for The Netherlands seems straightforward, just the Best PCR test recommendation, ideally looking for one we can do at home under supervision due to work schedules.

Thanks for your help
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Could you not do one in France? What day of the week are you there? There are labs in every town. I can check the price (they are to be payable as from 15/10). Generally they are highly efficient (my son’s last one was back in 6h!)

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Thanks Mel
We will be arriving in Coquelles late on Friday night and then travelling through to The Netherlands on the Saturday. I hadnt thought about getting the test in France.

The other thing i was wondering is who checks the test results & papereork for The Netherlands? I presume the document check at Eurotunnel only relates to us entering France. There doesnt seem to be much information around at the moment about crossing the soft borders in mainland Europe by car. only info about flying.

Would love to hear if anybody has driven in Europe in the past month or so and what checks if any were carried out.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I hope to be travelling into Spain in a couple of weeks. I assume there are no checks - I know when my husband drove over to Andorra there wasn’t!

Sante.fr has a list of all the labs so you could find one nearby but you may not have enough time to do it on Saturday morning and get the results through on time! If they are checked that is!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Thanks, I've had a look at a few of the labs and i dont think we will have time on the saturday and they are already closed by the time we get to France on the Friday.

Thanks for the information ref travel, i thought that would be the case.

I'm trying to check whether the lateral flow antigen test is accepted in The Netherlands, on the gov website it says a PCR test taken within 48 hours or an antigen taken within 24 hours, but providers arent willing to confirm one way or another (or at least the couple I've emailed).

Hopefully as another week or so goes by things will be a little more clearer.
Old 12 Oct 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a read here government.nl/topics/cor...ds-from-abroad

Its the official Dutch Government website.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

Thanks Bighal I've already read this and looked through the list of suppliers.

I was just hoping for some input from anybody that has been recently and may have a recommendation on the test that they have used. If not I'll just pick one of the list.

I'll try and update this thread after we get back and then hopefully it will be of use to somebody else as well.