Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Oct 21, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Help me again please! Disneyworld or Universal?

The family is at loggerheads, we are currently 2 members wanting Universal, 2 wanting Disney on our trip next year.

Each side has given pro's for their choices and con's for their not wanted, this is what we have:

Disney Pro's:

6 Parks (soooo much Disney)
Character meets (Even more Disney)
We know our way around
Closer to the Villa so less driving for DH
DS's girlfriend who has been invited has never been to America, would appreciate the Disney experience.

Disney Con's:

The parking charge
We've already been twice, we've been on all the rides
Harry Potter isn't there
The cost of the tickets! think of all the meals we could have with the savings!

Universal Pro's

We can get an annual pass to save on parking
Never been there before, it's all new things to see!
Harry Potter (need we say more)
Rides are a bit more grown up now kids are 20 and nearly 14.
It's much cheaper for the tickets.

Universal Cons:

Much further away, more driving for DH
Supposedly Volcano bay isn't a scratch on the Disney water parks
Only 3 parks, would we get bored?
Think how early we would have to get up for rope drop mum! you hate getting up early!

So lovely Dibbers, the family has turned to you with a syncronised, 'but which do the Dibber's think is better? ask them!'

So I am here, asking you all, Disney or Universal tickets, if you had to pick, which would it be for two adults (one who can't ride simulators if that makes a difference), 2 x twenty somethings (one of which has never been) and a will be 14 year old who will ride anything frim the teacups to rollercoasters that do NOT go upside down!
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Clearly universal in your situation.

Not sure if you’ve got mixed up but Volcano Bay is miles ahead of the Disney water parks.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

I couldn't pick between the two but whoever said, "Supposedly Volcano bay isn't a scratch on the Disney water parks" is either very ill-informed or drunk. There is not even a comparison to be made with that.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Disney for us. We found a lot of the rides at Universal are simulators - not really my thing!

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Clearly universal in your situation.

Not sure if you’ve got mixed up but Volcano Bay is miles ahead of the Disney water parks.
Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
I couldn't pick between the two but whoever said, "Supposedly Volcano bay isn't a scratch on the Disney water parks" is either very ill-informed or drunk. There is not even a comparison to be made with that.
You are both singing from my hymn sheet here! (I am 100% pro Universal with DD, DS and DH are the ones pushing for Disney!)

I shall move Volcano bay to the Pro list hahaha!
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by FloridaNuts93 View Post
Disney for us. We found a lot of the rides at Universal are simulators - not really my thing!
Nooo! Why Universal? why would you make all your rides Simulators! It's me that can't ride them (I can't focus on moving objects when being tipped about so get motion sickness in them)
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Can you not do a split stay?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Can you not do a split stay?
We have a villa booked for 3 weeks, I didn't really want to pay £750 for both park tickets, i'm a bit of a scrooge
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There will never be a definitive answer for this. Completely different experiences and which is better is subjective.

Universal has zero to offer me. I can't do any of their rides (don't do rollercoasters and simulators make me sick) and I'm not interested in any of their IP. But someone else could say the exact same thing about Disney.

Given your kids ages and the fact you love Harry Potter, I would go with Universal. Maybe add Seaworld tickets (or Discovery Cove Ultimates for the best deal) if you're worried you'll get bored, they have some good coasters apparently. Both parks together still cost less than a Disney ticket.

Edited at 03:55 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pmac
Imagineer

pmac's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Volcano Bay is an awesome water park. But that aside, based on your comments, likes and dislikes I would choose Disney.
2005 Lindfields - 2008 Indian Creek - 2010 Sunset Lakes - 2012 Sunset Lakes - 2015 Sunset Lakes - 2017 Sunset Lakes - 2019 Onsite at Disney and Universal - 2022 Hard Rock Hotel and Magic Resort - 2023 Drurys Plaza, The Contemporary and Hard Rock Hotel
pmac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List