Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Oct 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I’m not good on simulator rides but can do most of them with sickness pills. Forbidden journey no chance. I love universal there are some brilliant rides and it is so much easier to get on them than in Disney
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by linder View Post
I’m not good on simulator rides but can do most of them with sickness pills. Forbidden journey no chance. I love universal there are some brilliant rides and it is so much easier to get on them than in Disney
I'm the same, take Stugeron every morning, and for the last few trips i've been fine. The first trip, where I didn't take anything, was awful. Went on Forbidden Journey first thing in the morning, and it ruined me for the whole day, i've never been back on it since, choosing to go sit round the back of the 3 broomsticks with a cold drink in the shade lol. Never again!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Yes, but it's basically the same price as the 14 day ticket. The 14 day ticket is deeply discounted.
When I bought them for 2020 the 7 day tickets for Disney were cheaper. Maybe it was an offer - I can’t remember. But I know we saved money doing it that way!
EDIT: I just checked and they are £15 cheaper per adult on Attraction Tickets - there was definitely more of a saving in 2020!

Edited at 04:49 PM.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Universal, backed by DC ultimates for me.

That gives you 4 land based parks and 2 water parks plus of course, DC (in our case non swim).

I love the Disney water parks, but would put Volcano Bay right up with them and AQ not so far behind.

As for the land based parks, you have children over the magic 54 inches and will thus get 12 out and out BIG coasters as well as the other stuff. You said yourself that the HP stuff is important.. and you won’t be disappointed.

My thinking is that everything will be new and fresh for you as you have not visited the offerings of either company before?

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

For three weeks unless your planning to do other things in orlando, going to universal most days is going to get very boring. Depending when you go, you could probably do the universal parks in 3 days if you wanted to, maybe a couple of days at volcano bay. You could probably stretch it out to a week/week and a half. But not three weeks. Have you considered buying a couple of day ticket to Disney, or doing seaworld/bush gardens. While a lot of rides at universal are not simulators as such they do have screens so are very similar to a simulator.

Oh and as others have said volcano bay is another level compared to Disneys water parks.

Edited at 05:46 PM.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
When I bought them for 2020 the 7 day tickets for Disney were cheaper. Maybe it was an offer - I can’t remember. But I know we saved money doing it that way!
EDIT: I just checked and they are £15 cheaper per adult on Attraction Tickets - there was definitely more of a saving in 2020!
In previous years they were much the same price then as well, as the 14 day is almost always on a "14 days for the price of 7" deal. Can't say for last year though as I wasn't planning on going so wasn't tracking prices.

If you happened to buy when that offer wasn't on though, you could have made a saving. Can't say I've ever seen that offer NOT on in recent years though, the saving has always been around £20 or less.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
In previous years they were much the same price then as well, as the 14 day is almost always on a "14 days for the price of 7" deal. Can't say for last year though as I wasn't planning on going so wasn't tracking prices.

If you happened to buy when that offer wasn't on though, you could have made a saving. Can't say I've ever seen that offer NOT on in recent years though, the saving has always been around £20 or less.
The difference between a 7 and a 14 is not in fact a great deal of money.. £20.. hence, whilst a nice little discount, it is not overly so. In addition, Disney will get more of the tourists days in their parks and hence.. their spending other than the initial ticket purchase… Good business sense!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 05:56 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gudu
Being a bit Goofy

I would do universal seeing your kids ages . In not a fan of simulators at all but visited universal in 2019 for the first time and i was fine .did all . Volcano Bay our favorite and much more fun then Disney waterparks. I would add the 14 Day with paid parking option of Discovery cove , busch garden , seaworld and aquatica .then you have 7 Parks .of all the Parks busch garden is among our favorite park and also geared towards teenagers and Young adults so I would defenitely add busch garden . The dc ticket with 14 Day unlimited plus parking is around 150 pounds . Together you are probably even out cheaper then doing Disney
gudu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkandfluffy
Very Serious Dibber

I would also recommend Universal and adding the Discovery cove ultimates. Much better value for money IMO and plenty to see you all through for 3 weeks. You could also buy a day ticket for a Disney park if you really wanted a Disney fix.
pinkandfluffy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

I’d save up and do Disney and Universal - that’s what we’re doing next year. We didn’t really have a choice as we have Potter nuts and Star Wars fans and couldn’t disappoint them. You mentioned you are both disabled but with three weeks you could still build in plenty of rest days to recharge?
Disney has introduced a few new rides since we last went in 2018. I last went to Universal in the 90s and loved it but the big new rollercoasters aren’t for me - I’ll be holding coats. Not sure how I’ll fare with the simulator rides nowadays.
Above all I love the Disney theming and the way each park makes me feel so happy. I couldn’t miss that - could you? Good luck with your decision!
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List