Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 11 Oct 21, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Brewers
Excited about Disney

Help please - BA changed flight time now means I miss my connection

Hi,

I booked Manchester-Inverness with BA, which was routed via LHR. I have received an email today stating my flight back from Inverness now arrives back at LHR about 5 hours after my connection to Manchester leaves but they have failed to mention anything about changing this last flight.

Obviously, I can't get through on the phone number provided, does anyone have any suggestions about what else I can do, please?
Brewers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I have used the 'chat' many times and it always works for me.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

On the Chatbot which regurgitates stock answers type in ‘Speak to agent’ instead of your question. That should connect you to a real human being!
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Man->inverness via LHR that is fairly bonkers :-) I bet it was cheaper than the train too!
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Brewers
Excited about Disney

Having spent over an hour queuing in chat an agent told me they couldn't help & I needed to phone the number I couldn't get through to in the first place!
Brewers is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

If both flights are on one ticket, it will (eventually) be rebooked automatically by BA, it often takes connecting flights a few days to “catch up” when a cancellation / schedule change to one flight takes the connection below Min Connecting Time.

Sometimes it’s possible to do it yourself online in the booking, have you tried this. Otherwise, you’ll have to call, or wait for BA to change it and contact them if you’re not happy with the change they make to the LHR-MAN flight.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Brewers
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
If both flights are on one ticket, it will (eventually) be rebooked automatically by BA, it often takes connecting flights a few days to “catch up” when a cancellation / schedule change to one flight takes the connection below Min Connecting Time.

Sometimes it’s possible to do it yourself online in the booking, have you tried this. Otherwise, you’ll have to call, or wait for BA to change it and contact them if you’re not happy with the change they make to the LHR-MAN flight.

Thanks for this, it is on one ticket, so that is good to know.
I have sent a complaint, part of it saying that I don't want to cancel, just how they intend to get me back to Manchester. The last flight back to Manchester I can see goes before the Inverness flight lands at LHR.

Do you happen to know if they would be responsible for putting me up overnight if the next flight to Mancheter is the next day?

Edited at 06:18 PM.
Old 11 Oct 21, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brewers View Post
Thanks for this, it is on one ticket, so that is good to know.
I have sent a complaint, part of it saying that I don't want to cancel, just how they intend to get me back to Manchester. The last flight back to Manchester I can see goes before the Inverness flight lands at LHR.
If that’s the case, and you still want to travel, you’d have to take the first LHR-MAN the next day, and ask BA to provide you with meals and accommodation overnight at LHR (which it is obliged to do). That’s quite the journey from INV-MAN.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Brewers
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
If that’s the case, and you still want to travel, you’d have to take the first LHR-MAN the next day, and ask BA to provide you with meals and accommodation overnight at LHR (which it is obliged to do). That’s quite the journey from INV-MAN.

Thanks so much for that, it is part of trying to get tier points but I've never seen Loch Ness so that'll be good too.
Old 11 Oct 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

It did have TP run written all over it…🙂