Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Oct 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

After a quick discussion with my husband, we're now looking at offsite. Used to idrive but thinking closer to disney springs, any recommendations?
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shutterbug View Post
After a quick discussion with my husband, we're now looking at offsite. Used to idrive but thinking closer to disney springs, any recommendations?
Have a look at the partner resorts. Many are walkable to Disney Springs and qualify for some of the onsite benefits like early entry. Wyndham or Wyndham Garden (same hotel, just separate wings) was my backup plan if I didn't manage to secure onsite, as it's directly opposite the DS entrance. Should be similarly priced to the Disney values.

disneyholidays/wal...artner-hotels/

Swan & Dolphin also qualify for deluxe level benefits, but their pricing has gone a bit crazy lately.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

If you are hiring a car there is a lot of choice very close to disney, if you are happy to drive then you can save $$ and have more space than a value resort. Hotel Boulevard runs into DS and is full of nice hotels that offer the early entry/good neighbour perks and a shuttle to the park and many are in walking distance to DS for evening entertainment. If you head out of wdw down Sherbeth road you arrive on the 192 in Kissimmee, there are several hotels and villa communities very close to the AK entrance to wdw and a wide range of restaurants, this is a less good area for travelling up to universal though.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

thanks all, we changed our plans and have booked AoA for end of January, we've been before at that time of year so ok with it being a bit cooler. Husband is pleased as he wanted a holiday without driving. We're off to London instead when we should have been in Orlando.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Just checking you know the Skyliner will be down for refurb?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Poo, didn't know that so its buses then, not what we wanted. Just checked, its 23rd to 28th so as long as its on schedule it won't be too bad as we only fly on 26th.

Edited at 09:28 PM.
Old 23 Oct 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Poo, didn't know that so its buses then, not what we wanted. Just checked, its 23rd to 28th so as long as its on schedule it won't be too bad as we only fly on 26th.
That should be OK then. I expect they will put more buses on when the skyliner is down.

We are there from 21st for 2 weeks but staying at Coronado Springs.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Easy to avoid then, just do MK, AK and Disney Springs your first couple of days since you'd be on a bus for those either way. Save Ep/HS for when the Skyliner is back up.

Noticed today that some Feb dates are starting to fill up. I still have my late Jan reservation just in case Nov doesn't happen, looking to push it back a week and can't get a value for the entire stay. I think there's a dance comp first weekend of Feb which would explain it. But still, little annoying.

Edited at 10:49 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We have booked Universal Sapphire Falls as Disney’s availability is poor