Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 25 Oct 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
Given I'm in the house in the UK, then no, but a vlog I watched earlier said its the case
If only we were in WDW to try it out … much better Monday for me.
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
If only we were in WDW to try it out … much better Monday for me.
I was in DLP the other week and with their similar system the times on the app were definitely not accurate. Several times we joined a queue and the queue was much shorter than advertised.
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

So after over a week, im still no further on. Ive managed to get through to Disney and apparently there is a reported problem for some people in the UK having my issue.

My issue, for reference, is that.
1. I have no option to select preferences for parks.
2. When i go into the Genie and select my travel dates, it still states i have no park admission, even though i do.

Disneys customer service on this matter has been appalling.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Can you prove the inflated wait times?

As for the entice part…. Everyone’s break point is different. Disney are not deceiving anyone…

The prices are there… make your choice at the price given.
Various vloggers show that times are generally within -10 to + 15, so fairly accurate for the most part. Disney have always seems to have been kn the overestimate side rather than underestimate.
Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
So after over a week, im still no further on. Ive managed to get through to Disney and apparently there is a reported problem for some people in the UK having my issue.

My issue, for reference, is that.
1. I have no option to select preferences for parks.
2. When i go into the Genie and select my travel dates, it still states i have no park admission, even though i do.

Disneys customer service on this matter has been appalling.
The genie+ service is not suppose to work properly for UK guests until 2nd November, it was announced on their FB page and possibly other social medias. Give it a couple of weeks and try again. Unless you are there now I really don’t see the rush. You gain nothing by doing it now.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

What about them putting inflated wait times on the app to entice folk to pay?

They actually have a disclaimer in the app about it.

Its a great big joke, that's what it is
Given I'm in the house in the UK, then no, but a vlog I watched earlier said its the case
There's one particular vlogger who's been going on about inflated wait times for months. It was only true when the lines were standby only, as I don't think wait times were ever calculated to be 100% standby. And without FP in operation, the standby line wasn't being paused for priority which sped it up. With Genie+ in operation, reported wait times are generally back within about 10 minutes of what is posted which is an acceptable range on an estimate. But if you watched the same vlogger that I'm thinking of, they're not known to provide the best information - lots of factual errors. Mostly opinions.

Anyway, Disney aren't purposely inflating wait times to sell passes. Wait times fluctuate for a whole host of reasons, it's impossible to have a 100% accurate wait time. You may wait less, you may wait more. All depends on what happens in the time between when you join the queue and board the ride. Which is why the disclaimer is there.

Edited at 11:39 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
On a random note…. I joined a q at Legoland this weekend which stated 15 mins on the screen at the start of the q. With watching a vlogger and just general idea I thought it wasn’t 15 mins.

Anyhow, DS and I joined. After about 5 mins I thought definitely this wasn’t going to be 15 mins. Phoned DW to ask if the wait time had changed on the screen… it had… now showing 70 mins.

However, I could pay 10
Pound to get on straight away.

Wait times can fluctuate / change quite quickly throughout the day. Not sure anyone can prove or even suggest that Disney are inflating times to make people buy Genie+.

Edited at 11:42 PM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

How flexible are the individual lightning lanes?

I’m going to HS (Hopefully) end of November and have half a day where I have a dinner reservation, but was hoping in the morning I could book ROTR for around 6pm
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 21, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post

I’m going to HS (Hopefully) end of November and have half a day where I have a dinner reservation, but was hoping in the morning I could book ROTR for around 6pm
You can choose your ILLS slot from all times available when you book, same as how FP+ worked.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post

Are you staying on or off site? They do let you pick times but on-site guests get first pick from 7am. For ROTR, all the vlogs/articles I’ve read show ROTR times of 4.30/5pm onwards available at park opening when off site guests can book so this will probably work well for you. Not so well for those off site hoping to ride it earlier though. It’s been selling out quite soon after park opening so definitely book it as soon as you can.
juliebissett72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

If you want accurate wait lines get the touring plans app
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List