Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Feb 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile BA MAN to LGW cancelled

Just a heads up to anyone going Manchester to Orlando via Gatwick. I’ve had my Man to Gatwick leg in May cancelled. Not sure when as not received an email, I just happened to check the app.

They’ve automatically rebooked me on to the MAN to LHR flight but I don’t fancy the 2.5hrs to get 2 small children and all their paraphernalia to Gatwick.

I will give them a call tomorrow and get moved. Might even be cheeky and ask for the Dublin route rather than Heathrow 😁
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m obviously out of the loop here, as I didn’t think there was a MAN - LGW? Is that new?
Old 26 Feb 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jax1970 View Post
I’m obviously out of the loop here, as I didn’t think there was a MAN - LGW? Is that new?
BA announced in December last year that they were re-instating the MAN-LGW flight (once a day in each direction) from the start of the summer schedule on March 28th. The decision was postponed recently.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
Just a heads up to anyone going Manchester to Orlando via Gatwick. I’ve had my Man to Gatwick leg in May cancelled. Not sure when as not received an email, I just happened to check the app.

They’ve automatically rebooked me on to the MAN to LHR flight but I don’t fancy the 2.5hrs to get 2 small children and all their paraphernalia to Gatwick.

I will give them a call tomorrow and get moved. Might even be cheeky and ask for the Dublin route rather than Heathrow 😁
Did they rebook you from LHR to MCO and return as well?
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Did they rebook you from LHR to MCO and return as well?
No like the other posters we've been given 2hrs 40 mins to make our own way from LHR to LGW.

On hold now - hopefully it won't be too long...
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JamesL
VIP Dibber

JamesL's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes, this happened to us yesterday and, like the OP, they changed flights so we arrived at LHR and had to make our own way to LGW, and reverse on the home journey. I spoke to them and took the chance to move the dates so that my DD can be at school on the new date to get her GCSE results. We now fly MAN - LHR - MCO and come back MIA - LHR - MAN. I had to hold for 45 minutes before speaking to them but they dealt with it all very efficiently.
Old 26 Feb 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Copey10
Getting Excited

Mobile

Mine is the same too. Have transferred us to the Heathrow, but to make our own way to Gatwick. 😡I will ring up when I finish work at 12. Thanks for the heads up.
Copey10 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger
Earning My Ears

Same here... now booked into Orlando Heathrow flight but a bit nervous about the one hour connection time for Manchester flight ! Will we make it ?!?
tigger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger View Post
Same here... now booked into Orlando Heathrow flight but a bit nervous about the one hour connection time for Manchester flight ! Will we make it ?!?
There's a few different flights from Heathrow to Manchester or at least there is in May. Maybe give them a call and ask to be moved to a later one if you're worried.
Old 27 Feb 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tigger View Post
If I was you I would see if there is an earlier connection. The last time we did this route we actually had a 3 hour connection at Heathrow, which we thought would be too long. However, the flight was delayed an hour from Manchester and by the time we had been bussed to new terminal and got through security, we didn’t have all that long before we got in the plane.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List