Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 21, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

6th August for us! Just the idea of that Florida sunshine puts a smile on my face.
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Dd has just text me from work asking what summer dates she should request as lots are starting to put them in now
Nothing planned but told her to put the last two weeks of August in
Have now found myself looking at Disney holiday page
The seed has been planted 🤣
Old 23 Feb 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We are flying august 17 this is the first time I have allowed myself to get excited I mean we might actually be able to go 🙏 🤞
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
RossS
Excited about Disney

We are due to fly 19th august 2021 after postponing our honeymoon from last year.

Trying not to get our hopes up.

We are not sure what to yet. Our final payment is due in May (we will probably have a better picture by then)

The only thing that will stop us is the quarantines. I hope that they will not be in place in august but it is all guess work at the moment. Realistically, i can see there being quarantines.

We cannot go if there is a quarantine due to both of us working in schools, we are not sure what to do as we do not want to move it again to next year, nor do we want to wait a few weeks before them announcing a quarantine and us losing all our money!
RossS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We are hoping to fly 3 Aug to London en 4 Aug to MCO.
A bit worried about not being allowed to fly and the heat.

But fingers crossed

*just made a back up booking for December (great fly-drive price BA)*

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

I've just put in a voucher claim for our August holiday. We weren't expecting to go, so booked up two breaks in this country - one with our in-laws (so they can spend time with their grandchildren) and one with my sister (who has nobody to go on holiday with) and I just didn't feel I could let either of them down!

We are still hopeful of a break this year - even a shorter one - so are looking to swap to either October or December.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RossS View Post
We are due to fly 19th august 2021 after postponing our honeymoon from last year.

Trying not to get our hopes up.

We are not sure what to yet. Our final payment is due in May (we will probably have a better picture by then)

The only thing that will stop us is the quarantines. I hope that they will not be in place in august but it is all guess work at the moment. Realistically, i can see there being quarantines.

We cannot go if there is a quarantine due to both of us working in schools, we are not sure what to do as we do not want to move it again to next year, nor do we want to wait a few weeks before them announcing a quarantine and us losing all our money!
We're also not getting our hopes up as USA looking unlikely for us this year - we can't really do the quarantine on arrival either. We'd have to move our flights at an extra cost and book a quarantine hotel. Theoretically i could do it and work in the room for a week, then go to Disney for a week. Quarantining on return here not much of a problem.

But overall if we have to pay to change it i'd rather switch to 2022 when it's more likely. Will see what happens. Begrudging paying out money to change our Virgin flights again regardless 🙄
Gelatoni is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
SLTh
Trying for More Ears

We're still holding out hope for our first ever trip 14th - 28th August. We are crossing our fingers that masks for children will only be mandatory inside/in confined spaces and that there is no quarantine requirement come August. This is now our 5th date change and I am not very good at waiting to see what happens (hence having already jumped the date forward so many times) but am holding out until May when the balance is due and hoping for the best!
SLTh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Wallefan
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’m having a wobble! I think it’s because I was so sure we wouldn’t be going that I hadn’t really thought about what’s missing. Now travel is looking a bit more positive I’m having a wobble over missing fireworks and shows etc.
My 9 year old cried at the thought of no autographs, although soon came round at the idea of pin collecting instead! I’m just worried about the lack of entertainment all the shows are such a big part of the magic.
I keep flipping back and forth as to be fair a theme park of any kind and some pool time just sounds like bliss and there’s so much to do I’m sure we won’t miss stuff.

We’re going to have a family meeting at the end of June and work out what to do
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Booked the Premier Inn LHR Bath Road just now - 2 rooms, 4 ad 1 ch, inc bfasts = £109 (refundable up to 28 days before), 23rd Aug.

We have 9 nights in Dibb villa, then 5 nts (due to moving from 2020) in 4 br townhouse on Royal Oaks. Looks a bit cramped after a villa though... might rethink this. We just added it to our fly drive with BA, so covered by the deposit for that.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside

Edited at 12:35 PM.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List