Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Mar 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

Hi guys. My son works for the Dept of Homeland Security and I've asked him about a couple of questions being asked here. He doesn't mind the odd question now and then, but he'd stop taking my calls if I bug him too much.
The most probable reason for you not getting a validity check on your application is that the system is having problems or is down for maintenance and you'll need to check later. You'll need your passport number, your passport date of issue and expiration date, and of course your date of birth. The other most probable reason is that you made an error on your application.
As for social media questions, you're advised to answer all questions truthfully and completely. If the question is there, they have reasons for wanting to know the answers. Thanks.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Chappers
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
I believe that if you begin the process of a new esta that the system will recognise your passport number and inform you if you have already got a valid esta.
Thank you I may try that.
Mrs Chappers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
Hi guys. My son works for the Dept of Homeland Security and I've asked him about a couple of questions being asked here. He doesn't mind the odd question now and then, but he'd stop taking my calls if I bug him too much.
The most probable reason for you not getting a validity check on your application is that the system is having problems or is down for maintenance and you'll need to check later. You'll need your passport number, your passport date of issue and expiration date, and of course your date of birth. The other most probable reason is that you made an error on your application.
As for social media questions, you're advised to answer all questions truthfully and completely. If the question is there, they have reasons for wanting to know the answers. Thanks.
Thanks M

Mick
Old 16 Mar 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Just to clarify the the api is something you input on your airline website. you don't put flight info on your esta application?

Also you put the address of your hotel where you are staying at, what if you are doing a split Disney stay? You need to put down both addresses i take it? I am booked for all stars music before my Pop stay but by the time i apply for my Esta it may not be announced for opening, if at all. What happens if i put down music's address and we don't end up staying there?
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Just to clarify the the api is something you input on your airline website. you don't put flight info on your esta application?

Also you put the address of your hotel where you are staying at, what if you are doing a split Disney stay? You need to put down both addresses i take it? I am booked for all stars music before my Pop stay but by the time i apply for my Esta it may not be announced for opening, if at all. What happens if i put down music's address and we don't end up staying there?
Yes - the API (advance passenger information) is completely separate to the ESTA. You can travel to any USA destination within the life span of an ESTA and it doesn't relate to a specific flight whereas the API does. The airlines will share the API information with the US immigration authorities though.

I would suggest not to do the API until the last minute so you should be able to confidently enter the actual hotel details of where your first night will be.

So many people travel with AoA villas that dozens of Dibbers put "unknown" on the ESTA for the USA address.

Mick
Old 16 Mar 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Yes - the API (advance passenger information) is completely separate to the ESTA. You can travel to any USA destination within the life span of an ESTA and it doesn't relate to a specific flight whereas the API does. The airlines will share the API information with the US immigration authorities though.

I would suggest not to do the API until the last minute so you should be able to confidently enter the actual hotel details of where your first night will be.

So many people travel with AoA villas that dozens of Dibbers put "unknown" on the ESTA for the USA address.

Mick
I wanted to get my Esta before the end of August as that is when the balance is due so if something goes pear shaped again during the application, we can decide to try and sort it out or move the holiday. We may not know where the TA will put us until a month before if music is not open and that is too short a time for me to apply for an ESTA.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I wanted to get my Esta before the end of August as that is when the balance is due so if something goes pear shaped again during the application, we can decide to try and sort it out or move the holiday. We may not know where the TA will put us until a month before if music is not open and that is too short a time for me to apply for an ESTA.
You do not need to enter your accommodation details on ESTA. Get them done now and enter Unknown(I'm sure that's what you put - click on the little "i" when completing to check).

I have travelled on the same ESTA a number of times and never updated the accommodation info. This only matters when completing API for your flight(which you shouldn't do yet as this may be seen as an attempt to travel and we're not currently allowed to enter the USA)
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Posters are correct. You put unknown in the accommodation boxes. No problem at all
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 03:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Afore we had B2 Visa approved I never completed flight or first night accommodation on ESTA as I believe the Dept of Homeland Security acquire those details from API the pax gives the airline.

Gadgey Mick/PPM is the above still valid?
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Afore we had B2 Visa approved I never completed flight or first night accommodation on ESTA as I believe the Dept of Homeland Security acquire those details from API the pax gives the airline.

Gadgey Mick/PPM is the above still valid?
I'm fairly certain bonny lass that the airlines share the API information with the US immigration authorities.

Mick