Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Apr 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by peter+lynne View Post
yes we where upper on the a300 200 now on the a330 300 which is not as good
Same with us , we were looking forward to the double seats in the middle , as flying as a couple it’s nice so actually be together. Upper on the 300 and Dreamliner are nice but even next to each other it’s like flying alone
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Have just managed to get through to Virgin to change our flight out whole call only took 18 minutes with very little wait time. We needed to change due to the recent aircraft type and schedule changes. Our new flight times were fine but we had been moved on to an A330-200 outgoing, and Premium seats on these planes have 2" less seat pitch and 3.3" narrower seats. We are now on the earlier flight which is an A330-300 with the bigger seats. We are usually allocated the window bulkhead seats on medical grounds which have a bit more legroom, but the A300-200 doesn't have these as there is an emergency exit where the bulkhead usually is and given our disabilities we can't be put in emergency exit seats. I'm so relieved they were able to accommodate the change for us, it would have been a very very uncomfortable flight and extra pain otherwise which would have spoilt the first few days of our holiday. We already had the bigger seats coming home so didn't need to change them.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Just a heads up. There's been another change of aircraft. My flight was an A330-300 and then changed to 787-9 last week - today it's moved back to A330 again.

First time my seats stayed the same but this time we were separated from my DGS and he has autism so had to call.

This was LHR-MCO in August - worth just checking seats again.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
muppster
Excited about Disney

There is a post on the V-Flyer site indicating that the A332 will remain on the VS163 from Heathrow, and the VS135 and VS91 will be the A333, there will be no 787 Dreamliner service to Orlando.

VS163 operates July 9th-September 5th
muppster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

[QUOTE=speedwayfan;14919196]Just a heads up. There's been another change of aircraft. My flight was an A330-300 and then changed to 787-9 last week - today it's moved back to A330 again.

First time my seats stayed the same but this time we were separated from my DGS and he has autism so had to call.

This was LHR-MCO in August - worth just checking seats again.

Just checked mine again as already had to change seats last week and ours have also been changed again, annoying as we are split apart and no seats left to pick.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by muppster View Post
There is a post on the V-Flyer site indicating that the A332 will remain on the VS163 from Heathrow, and the VS135 and VS91 will be the A333, there will be no 787 Dreamliner service to Orlando.

VS163 operates July 9th-September 5th
Any info on planes flying from Manchester?
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
andyhaz
Excited about Disney

Our flight in sept has changed to A330-300 from the 200 from Manchester vs75
andyhaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
muppster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Any info on planes flying from Manchester?
The same post says that the majority of VS75 flights will also be A333's but that the 332's "may operate a couple"...

The 332 fleet is now down to two aircraft as its thought that the one currently in Dresden will not return.
muppster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Just moseying through the Dibb this morning, (when I'm supposed to be working but hey-ho), when I came across this thread. I'd received an email from Virgin Atlantic last week to say there was a change to the times of our flights MAN to MCO in September this year, but didn't take much notice as it was only 5 or so minutes different. But after reading this, I went back and looked at my email. Eek! The seats have changed! I looked up which seats we had been allocated, and was horrified to see that where we had exit row seats before, (which I'd paid an extra £260 for), now we were seated towards the back of the plane in ordinary seats. As DH is 6'4" tall, and we can't afford to pay for premium flights, we always book exit row seats if we can. I rang VA and spoke to a very sweet young man, who apologised that this had been missed and promptly managed to book the exit row seats on the new plane. Phew! (Although in my head, the exit row wouldn't have been available and I was all geared up for a big row, so now have a head full of arguments and no-where to go with them, LOL!)

So a huge thanks for all the recent comments saying seats had changed, because without this I wouldn't have noticed and we could have ended up sitting in the usual cramped seats, £260 poorer, and with DH complaining bitterly for 9 hours there and back!
Old 12 Apr 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

We got a notification to say that our flight time on the 23rd of Sep had changed. When I logged onto my booking they had changed our seats into the middle row of four,luckily I’ve managed to reallocate them to two lots of window seats but it’s further back that I would have wanted and not many left, so glad I checked when I did or when would have been all over the place!

Update—- just logged onto our booking and the seats we originally book have become free again so I’ve moved us back into these. Might as well build a seat check into my morning routine for the next 163 days! 😂

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020

Edited at 04:32 PM. Reason: Update
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List