Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Falling asleep on my shoulder and drooling on me. Especially if it's a 70-year-old nun on a Cape Town-London flight.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

I always try and book exit row seats as DH is very tall and slightly claustrophobic when folk recline in front of him. Exit row seats - great, lots of leg room to stretch out, and clear vision in front. Except - PEOPLE WHO STAND IN FRONT OF US NEAR THE DOOR TO EXERCISE AND NATTER! I get that people need to stretch their legs on a long flight, but walk up and down the aisle a bit, don't stand in the only square foot of space on a plane, which has my legs in it! Huff.

Kids who repeatedly kick the back of my seat.

Touch screens that are not sensitive enough so someone has to repeatedly thump it into the back of my head ...

I tell you, if I win the lottery I'm buying a private jet!
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I love it when I have an empty seat next to me then just as you’re feeling smug the very last passenger comes and sits next to you.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
I always try and book exit row seats as DH is very tall and slightly claustrophobic when folk recline in front of him. Exit row seats - great, lots of leg room to stretch out, and clear vision in front. Except - PEOPLE WHO STAND IN FRONT OF US NEAR THE DOOR TO EXERCISE AND NATTER! I get that people need to stretch their legs on a long flight, but walk up and down the aisle a bit, don't stand in the only square foot of space on a plane, which has my legs in it! Huff.

Kids who repeatedly kick the back of my seat.

Touch screens that are not sensitive enough so someone has to repeatedly thump it into the back of my head ...

I tell you, if I win the lottery I'm buying a private jet!
What you do is scatter all your belongings on the floor then nobody stands there.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
lardyboy
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Nytol One-A-Night - 1 pill and zzzzz. I'd recommend it!
We dosed our teenagers up on Nytol on the way home on our first trip. Their colds had almost completely gone by the time they boarded the plane, but we told them that the cabin pressure and the altitude and the air-con and anything else we could think of would make their symptoms worse, so they should take a tablet to make it easier for them. Made it so much easier for use
lardyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Falling asleep on my shoulder and drooling on me. Especially if it's a 70-year-old nun on a Cape Town-London flight.
You will go to heaven now though for not waking her up.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
You will go to heaven now though for not waking her up.
I resisted the temptation. For like 10 minutes. I'm hellbound!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I resisted the temptation. For like 10 minutes. I'm hellbound!
At least it will be warm...
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Groups that don't pay to reserve their seats and then make a fuss to the cabn crew that they must be seated together.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

People who’s ‘frame’ (ahem)... Is wider than the seat type that they have paid for. Perhaps they should pay me for the portion of my seat that they are occupying.

Virgin cabin staff who interrupt my time with banal ‘hi de hi’ type announcements generally referring to things in which I have rather less than no interest. That is why I so prefer the Delta ‘model’... no announcements unless relevant to flight safety.

The duty free ‘sell’. Despite being seasoned long haul travellers, we have never purchased a single thing.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List