Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Apr 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Good points on single rider queues.
However the main reason I think is because of the tier 1 rides that you would never get a FP on the day and queuing is often around an hour. So the 2 ticket idea would allow them to ride the main rides a few times each.
Well there are only four single rider options at WDW and two of them I have rarely seen open.

I can actually see their point regarding the Tier 1 rides, the extra prebookable fast passes were one of the attractions of concierge level when we did that. I am still not convinced that it is worth duplicate ticket when he only plans to go to each park a couple of times. He could just go a bit more and book Tier 1 rides on different days.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

i get what they are wanting to achieve, but not how i would do. I would book my FP's for late morning, get to the park early and ride what I can before the q's build up. Use the Single rider line where I can and on rides without one make CM's aware I'm a single if they need one (eg Tower of terror). I would then spend the money on something like The Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I have a work colleague who is planning a solo trip to Orlando and is planning on a strange idea to get 3 extra fast passes a day in DW.

They hate queuing and would rather get more rides done and walk around the parks.

So the plan is to buy two ultimate tickets. Each day enter the park and either do a few rides or spend a short time in the park and then leave. You dont swipe your ticket when you leave a park so Disney dont know you left. They would then re enter on the second ticket. This means they have 2 activated park tickets, both with FPs.

One person pointed out this is a waste of £450, but they said they plan to go to each park twice, or even more if they just do half days in the parks, so isnt that much for the extra time spent not queuing.

The idea how weird, actually sounds feasible. Of course once restrictions are lifted and if FP come back the same.
Nothing technically wrong with that idea.

Go into the park with the first ticket, immediately leave the park, re-enter with the second ticket, both tickets are now activated. Now you get a total of 6 prebooked fastpasses to use at that park. Two of those pre-booked fastpasses per day can be for Tier 1 rides - so you could book Test Track and Soarin' on the same day.

But it does mean spending an extra £450 for those additional 3 fastpasses per day. Most of those additional fastpasses will be for Tier 2 rides that you can probably fastpass on the day after using the first 3 anyway or may not have long queues so don't need a fastpass.

Still, if that person is willing to pay more to get a few more fastpasses - and faff around with two tickets / MDE accounts and re-entering the park - then go for it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
i get what they are wanting to achieve, but not how i would do. I would book my FP's for late morning, get to the park early and ride what I can before the q's build up. Use the Single rider line where I can and on rides without one make CM's aware I'm a single if they need one (eg Tower of terror). I would then spend the money on something like The Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour.
The problem with the Ultimate Day of Thrills VIP Tour is that it doesn't cover some of the major attractions that have big queues. It doesn't include any rides at AK - so no Flight of Passage, no Everest, no Na'Vi River Journey. It doesn't include any of the Galaxy's Edge rides nor Mickey'n'Minnies Runaway Train at HS. It only covers Soarin' at Epcot, not Test Track, not the Frozen ride, nor anything else.

So it only really covers MK and HS (minus Galaxy's Edge).

On the plus side, it only costs £270 per person and includes lunch. You can probably use fastpasses with one regular ticket to cover the other rides that are missed. And you'd still have about £180 spare to spend elsewhere.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
However the main reason I think is because of the tier 1 rides that you would never get a FP on the day and queuing is often around an hour. So the 2 ticket idea would allow them to ride the main rides a few times each.
It was never strictly true that you could never get a tier 1 fastpass on the day. There were only around 4 or 5 rides in the whole of WDW that you would struggle to get fastpasses for beforehand. Some tier 1 rides you could get fastpasses for on the day, although there was no guarantee.

The thing is, if you visit each park on multiple days over a 2 week period then you can book different tier 1 rides each day. Go to Epcot on 3 days, AK on 2 days, HS on 3 days and you can book all the tier 1 rides with just one ticket (MK doesn't have any tier 1 rides. Visiting it twice would allow you to fastpass the main big-queue rides).

So over 10 or 11 days you can fastpass all the rides without buying 2 tickets.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 21 Apr 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

I guess it could work, but only if FP comes back and she stays onsite ( if the 60 perk also returns) if she is off site then the tier 1 FP will have already been booked by 30 days. Also you would have to know what ticket you had what FP booked on and what magic band to scan to get on the ride.
For someone like this then the rumoured paid for FP would work but could spoil it for people on a budget.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Facial recognition would be for identification purposes on your own account, I doubt they will do facial comparisons between every single account on their system.
Ah, I've misunderstood. I thought entry was on facial recognition alone i.e. it just scanned you and you got a green light and walked in. I didn't realise you still had to present some form of ticket media in which case you will be able to choose which MDE account you use. Sorry
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Doesn't the facial recognition software convert the guests face into a unique ID number. Would you be able to register one ID number against two tickets? I don't know if it would but I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow flagged.
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
Doesn't the facial recognition software convert the guests face into a unique ID number. Would you be able to register one ID number against two tickets? I don't know if it would but I wouldn't be surprised if it was somehow flagged.
No, not into a signal unique ID number. It'll look at distances between features, locations of features relative to one another, etc and store that as a series of values.

And I don't think the system will care whether there are two that happen to have similar or the same numbers. All it's going to do is check that the numbers linked to that ticket makes the numbers obtained from the face currently at the entrance.

It's the same as the old fingerprint system was. There was nothing stopping you from having two tickets on the go with that system.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~