Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 May 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Good point. Isn't she supposed to be a 14 year old child or something?
In the original story, she's 7. But yeah, a teenager in the Disney classic.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Apparently, this is the scene in the ride that some folk are complaining about:

To me, that looks like the Prince is checking whether or not Snow White is still breathing. Or checking her airway to see if there are any obstructions. Nothing wrong with that.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Apparently, this is the scene in the ride that some folk are complaining about:

To me, that looks like the Prince is checking whether or not Snow White is still breathing. Or checking her airway to see if there are any obstructions. Nothing wrong with that.
Or smelling her breath to see if he fancies a kiss when she's up 😂
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

She could burp just at the right moment. 😂
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
What's interesting (and I use that term in the very loosest sense) is that these folk seem to be complaining about this bit in the new ride but aren't complaining about the film itself. It's the film that this scene is based on.

I wonder whether they want Disney to remove the movie from Disney+?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It is better than the rather dodgy hand movement she is making at the end of the DLP version!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
These films were of their age and the content while inappropriate for today's cinema goers should be left alone. I don't think it was wise to put this content in to the scene at Disney especially as these issues are really prevalent at the moment and was bound to cause a negative reaction.

Today's Disney female characters are so much more empowered. Look at Moana, imagine some dude trying to put the lips on her when asleep. They would have gotten the Eye of Tafiti right off their nose. Or Sven trying to sneak a peck from Anna when she was snoozing, it would have been snowballs at dawn.

Times have moved on with how women are portrayed in movies, quite rightly as far as I'm concerned so get rid of that scene, add some other scene and move on

Edited at 02:48 PM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Meanwhile, Disney hastily rewrites some of the script from the upcoming live-action remake of Snow White:

[SNOW WHITE rests, seemingly lifeless, on an open stone grave. THE PRINCE arrives, and seeing his one true love lying there apparently dead, rushes over to her. He slowly bows his head down to her pale, still face, but then stops just a few inches from her red lips]

PRINCE: "Sorry to bother you, Snow White. If you would just be so kind as to sign this consent form allowing me to kiss you in order to revive you from your magical curse, then that would be swell. We must ensure this is all done properly, after all. I wouldn't want to appear to be taking advantage of you whilst you are lying there dying from a poisoned apple".

PRINCE (cont.): "Also, if I may indulge, after signing that could you just have a look over this prenuptial agreement I've drafted...?".

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 5 May 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
These films were of their age and the content while inappropriate for today's cinema goers should be left alone.
Yes, but there will be some young girls who will be watching Snow White on Disney+ as we speak.

Surely someone watching this scene for the first time in the movie will be no different to someone seeing that same scene in this ride?

Also, I guess Disney will have to abandon the Kiss Goodnight at Magic Kingdom - unless it asks us all for our consent beforehand?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 5 May 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Erm Once upon a dream doesn't it go on about her knowing him? Best get rid of that then.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List