Notices

Old 7 May 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisychick
Excited about Disney

Vaccine side effect hypochondria

Had my 2nd AZ vaccine 2 weeks ago.

I now have unexplained red marks, which are purple in some places on both legs and some bruising.

Cue hysteria from OH about blood clots. Feel pretty sure it's not as don't have any other symptoms. Wanted to show the pharmacist but they aren't currently running a consultation service due to Covid (tut).

So I'm now waiting for 111 to ring me back for something I am pretty sure is nothing. Feeling a little bit stupid at the moment.
Daisychick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Always worth getting checked out - no need to feel stupid at all.

Fingers crossed itís nothing worrying.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Better to be safe than sorry. You are doing the right thing getting it checked.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Itís not stupid whatsoever, better to get checked and have peace of mind that face worry and uncertainty.
RM2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisychick
Excited about Disney

Thanks all. I keep telling myself it's better to get it checked. But feel a bit guilty as I know they're so busy. Hopefully they can rule out anything concerning when they phone back.

Edited at 11:05 PM.
Daisychick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Youíre doing the right thing. I had to call my gp for concerns about clots, drs reassured me it needed checking regardless and I definitely want wasting their time.

Iím sure itís nothing, but look after yourself xx
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
zoebums
Apprentice Imagineer

You shouldnt feel like you are wasting their time at all. Always better to be checked out. I had my first AZ vaccine on Thursday, headache since yesterday but only mild and also occasional quick throbbing pain in left lower calf. No bruising or redness so trying not to dwell, until at least Thursday anyway when its been a week x
zoebums is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
FamilyDisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I had my first AZ dose yesterday and the practicioner who gave me it specifically mentioned bruising so you are definitely doing the right thing getting it checked. Hope it was nothing and everything is okay.
FamilyDisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfans
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm a vaccinator and also a pharmacy technician.
Firstly get it checked out. We recommend to all patients to consult their GP in these circumstances.
I am also horrified about the pharmacist not doing consultations. We have continued consultations all the way through covid. Can I ask what pharmacy it is please? May be worth calling some other Pharmacies and see if they are doing consultations.
Old 10 May 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Daisychick
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Disneyfans View Post
I'm a vaccinator and also a pharmacy technician.
Firstly get it checked out. We recommend to all patients to consult their GP in these circumstances.
I am also horrified about the pharmacist not doing consultations. We have continued consultations all the way through covid. Can I ask what pharmacy it is please? May be worth calling some other Pharmacies and see if they are doing consultations.
It was Asda Pharmacy. Due to it being later on in the evening it was the only one open in our area.

Thankfully, although I still don't know what caused the bruising it has started to get better and after speaking to 111 and then the emergency doctor I was reassured it was nothing serious.

What I would say is that whilst remaining professional and polite, both the 111 clinician and the emergency doctor seemed exasperated at the amount of calls they are now getting about bruising since the press releases.