Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 May 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Well I have three holidays booked for the US in the next 12 months! This is after years of no holidays, working very hard and with holiday plans moved from 2020. People at work think I’m mad but I don’t give two hoots! Bring it on and enjoy the planning, sounds awesome!
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Nope, I try and do two a year normally and if I had the holidays it would be three, but our holidays are basic and I have to buy extra as it is😫
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
This reminds me of a situation at work when we went for Xmas and again in September. Had someone at work who took a really disliking to the fact we could do Florida twice 10 months apart.

Explained annual passes had been bought which justified the cost and staying in cheap off site hotel on the September trip. He did a trip of a lifetime and it cost a small fortune and hadn’t been able to save and go back.

I remember weeks later he was complaining of losing a bet and being £50 down I simply smiled and said that is why some people can afford extra holidays. Live within your means myself and my wife don’t smoke or drink a great deal. We would sacrifice nights out to go on holiday every week of the year.

I’ve come from a background where it took 2 years to save to go to Florida and last few years we can comfortably afford to go each year. I tend to leave it every 2 years just so the magic and excitement still remains.

As long as your not in debt or taking loans out to go, earn your money and enjoy it.
You can’t take it with you!
Hate the jealousy you get off some people. Have a woman like this in work who nice to your face to get the info out of you but theirs always sly digs or back handed complements and you walk away and think she’s just made a sly dig and you didn’t even realise
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Go and enjoy. X when they start to pay for your holidays then they get to say something! Until then just enjoy the planning and build up. X
Old 9 May 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A while ago We did a Disney trip, Vegas, Barbados and another Florida trip in one year. Make the most of it when you can
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mikeishere View Post
Hate the jealousy you get off some people. Have a woman like this in work who nice to your face to get the info out of you but theirs always sly digs or back handed complements and you walk away and think she’s just made a sly dig and you didn’t even realise

It’s weird but the older I get the less I care what people think.

I’ve been to florida 14 times but to other dibbers that number is probably way less. Where some people cannot believe I’ve been that many times. A lot of us were fortunate when the £ was really good against the dollar.

I once had a full trip flights hotel and tickets for £500. I’d be lucky to get park tickets for that these days.

Like I’ve said we all earn money or have it and watch we choose do with it. Memories are more important than a big bank balance to me but everyone is different. Best of luck with your holidays
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 06:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bentley
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Not at all, one year we did a all the school holidays apart from Easter. Feb, May, August and October. Annual passes and last minute flights. Don’t think anyone knew we went in the October as we had got a bit if stick after May, August was a big group holiday...
Half Term -Feb'19 Half a Half term - Oct 2018 August 2018 - May 2018 - Easter 2018 - New Year 2017/18 - NY / Washington - Aug ‘17 40th B'day trip Melia White Nassau & Tuscana Resort - May ‘17 Tuscana Resort - Christmas & New Year ‘16/’17 Davenport Villa - Aug ‘16 MLR - Aug ‘15 Davenport - May ‘14 MLR - ‘78 - ‘01 Daytona
Bentley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I think its really greedy, you should just raffle off the second holiday. Maybe sell about 3000 tickets for £10 a ticket
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sashadog
Imagineer

Do it! Do it! Do it! 😄😄😄
sashadog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

If you can afford it, do it, life is far too short, we've all had a rough time of it of late, many people have either caught Covid or lost love ones to Covid.

Go live your life! Enjoy it to its fullest.
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List