Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Apr 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
I took some pics of the plants we’ve bought over the last week or so.
We’re going to have to move the 2 Fuschias as it’s just too hot by the front door

Nothing amazing but hopefully they’ll grow well.
The next are some we’ve had for a while

We’ve had this one for a while no idea what it is but it’s lovely
The next is a Rhododendron which when in bloom is gorgeous

Final one is our Rhubarb which is coming along nicely
Beautiful garden, the fuschias are lovely. We had two and they flowered for a few years but didn’t grow last year or this year. Is that normal, do they only last a few years, or did I just kill them off ? 😢

Love your dog too 😀 Isn’t it great how pets always manage to sneak in the photos 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I’ve just looked at the link for this site, definitely going on my list to visit. We haven’t been to Dorset for years but love the area. We used to stay at a site just outside Charmouth (but can’t remember the name of it)

You seem to like the same sort of sites as we do. Quite quiet but if there’s a small onsite bar on there, it’s a welcome bonus 😀 Our criteria for booking is it must have dogs allowed, no big clubhouse, level pitches preferably (DH does moan if it’s too slopey 😂 ) and close to a pub/restaurant is a bonus. Obviously cleanliness and not too noisy is vital too.
Yes, quiet but a bar is good although we have stayed at Haven Weymouth on the odd weekend, they are clean and surprisingly quiet. The touring part is well away from the entertainment centre and we
enjoy the occasional takeaway!
DH had a caravan mover fitted which makes siting a doddle but once
pitched he does the baked bean tin test, does it roll along the floor or stay still, don't like rolling towards the canvas wall in my bed!
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Yes, quiet but a bar is good although we have stayed at Haven Weymouth on the odd weekend, they are clean and surprisingly quiet. The touring part is well away from the entertainment centre and we
enjoy the occasional takeaway!
DH had a caravan mover fitted which makes siting a doddle but once
pitched he does the baked bean tin test, does it roll along the floor or stay still, don't like rolling towards the canvas wall in my bed!
We have stayed at Haven Weymouth too, it is quite nice especially for a larger site. When the children were younger we would stay at the larger sites so there was pools and entertainment for them.

We have a motor mover now, so much easier especially for getting our van into our tight entrance at home. Yes, it’s not fun sleeping in a sloping caravan especially for me as I sleep on the inside so DH rolls my way 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Beautiful garden, the fuschias are lovely. We had two and they flowered for a few years but didn’t grow last year or this year. Is that normal, do they only last a few years, or did I just kill them off ? 😢

Love your dog too 😀 Isn’t it great how pets always manage to sneak in the photos 😂
Thank you
We had a Fuschia for years at our last home and it was still going strong when we moved.
The last one we had in a hanging basket lasted 3 years and just never grew again so I think it’s just luck of the draw.

Oh yes our Walter loves to get in the picture he’s a real attention seeker and a very sociable dog he’s really missing having visitors.
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Thank you
We had a Fuschia for years at our last home and it was still going strong when we moved.
The last one we had in a hanging basket lasted 3 years and just never grew again so I think it’s just luck of the draw.

Oh yes our Walter loves to get in the picture he’s a real attention seeker and a very sociable dog he’s really missing having visitors.
I’m generally unlucky with plants so I’m not surprised about my fuchsias, I’m always grateful if they grow at all 😀

Our Rolo is getting very used to us being in all the time and having so much attention. He’s going to be sad when someone isn’t in the house all the time I think. Walter is beautiful, what breed is he?
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Have about 8 tubs of beautiful daffodils, mixed colours and some amazing double ones. I bought 2 nets for 10p each and promptly forgot about the. Asked about planting them in the middle of December and the view was give it a try. They have been perfect, hoping they will flower next year. If we are let loose in the middle of June we can buy some summer/autumn flowering plants and put them in said tubs. I'm a very much plant it and see what happens!
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m generally unlucky with plants so I’m not surprised about my fuchsias, I’m always grateful if they grow at all 😀

Our Rolo is getting very used to us being in all the time and having so much attention. He’s going to be sad when someone isn’t in the house all the time I think. Walter is beautiful, what breed is he?
I thought the same about about my dog - he’s loving lockdown and having someone around all the time he will be upset when we all return to normal . I am in and out during the day normally. My eldest’s firm have already said they will most probably keep as many working from home as possible until end of year so there’s hope for my old boy yet for constant company 😀
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

He’s a Shih Tzu and a real character I think he’s going to have separation anxiety when DH goes back to work.
I’m still working but DH who only does 2 days now isn’t working.
Your Rolo is a cutie too
Old 27 Apr 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Have about 8 tubs of beautiful daffodils, mixed colours and some amazing double ones. I bought 2 nets for 10p each and promptly forgot about the. Asked about planting them in the middle of December and the view was give it a try. They have been perfect, hoping they will flower next year. If we are let loose in the middle of June we can buy some summer/autumn flowering plants and put them in said tubs. I'm a very much plant it and see what happens!
Your daffodils were a bargain. Daffodils are something I do have quite a few of in our garden (which fits in nicely with my Dibb name 😀 )

I’m definitely just popping everything in and hoping for the best 😀
Old 27 Apr 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I thought the same about about my dog - he’s loving lockdown and having someone around all the time he will be upset when we all return to normal . I am in and out during the day normally. My eldest’s firm have already said they will most probably keep as many working from home as possible until end of year so there’s hope for my old boy yet for constant company 😀
I don’t work, only one day a week voluntary work, so Rolo is used to having someone here most days anyway. But he’s definitely loving the diversity of so many home to entertain him so I think he’s going to find just me boring and certainly going to miss us when we are all out

Your dog will definitely be happy with your DD being home for so long 😀 My DH has gone beck into his factory today after 4 weeks on furlough, he said there had been a lot of safety measures implemented and only a very small workforce had to go in. It’s still a bit of a worry naturally but that’s for another thread 😀 Rolo does seem to be missing him here today though