Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
DH has been wanting a bar for ages and I’ve always vetoed the idea... another thing to dust... but found Kendall (the painted furniture company of Nottinghamshire) makes these by hand... what are your opinions please...

We have room for it easily to fit in the living room without it being in the way of anything... (18’+ x 13’)...
That’s lovely really well made, we don’t entertain enough for a bar,It would also look nice as a fireplace cover
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Had a mow today, the garden is compact and easy to do which is good as DH is not a keen gardener !
Looking forward to the next few days of scorching weather
My lottery win would be a large garden and a swimming pool but we can but dream ..
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
DH has been wanting a bar for ages and I’ve always vetoed the idea... another thing to dust... but found Kendall (the painted furniture company of Nottinghamshire) makes these by hand... what are your opinions please...

We have room for it easily to fit in the living room without it being in the way of anything... (18’+ x 13’)...
That does look really nice- know what you mean about extra dusting though!
Old 22 Jun 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
That’s lovely really well made, we don’t entertain enough for a bar,It would also look nice as a fireplace cover
We only have the kids round (when we’re allowed) and know after a few weeks/ months the novelty will wear off, I know him of old, but I really like the idea of a fireplace cover...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Had a mow today, the garden is compact and easy to do which is good as DH is not a keen gardener !
Looking forward to the next few days of scorching weather
My lottery win would be a large garden and a swimming pool but we can but dream ..
It looks lovely, very neat and tidy. I’ve actually sat and made plans of the house and garden I would have built if we won the lottery 😀 Although as we’ve not bought a lottery ticket for years it’s never going to happen 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Just had an E-Mail from The Caravan Club that their storage sites are open by appointment only. Will be good at least to be able to go and do a bit of maintenance.
Old 23 Jun 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Just had an E-Mail from The Caravan Club that their storage sites are open by appointment only. Will be good at least to be able to go and do a bit of maintenance.
That’s great news. I’m eager to take ours off but won’t until guidelines state we can here in Wales. I feel it’s going to be a while as we can still only travel 5 miles and the first minister has said only self catering cottages etc will open first, not caravan sites with shared facilities.

The site we go to in Pembrokeshire are saying that they are opening on 13 July and are taking bookings but I feel that’s optimistic of them. I won’t book until I’m sure they will be open
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mobile

I’ve booked a caravan club site in Norfolk for mid August. It’s one we have been to in previous years. When I booked a couple of weekends ago it was fully booked for all other weeks and it’s a big site- hoping we can go.
Old 23 Jun 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Only the storage sites open, the actual Parks aren't open yet. Most of the sites I have looked at state you will need your own facilities, loo, shower etc. We never use on site facilties so that's ok but agree they won't be opening anytime soon.
Old 23 Jun 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Only the storage sites open, the actual Parks aren't open yet. Most of the sites I have looked at state you will need your own facilities, loo, shower etc. We never use on site facilties so that's ok but agree they won't be opening anytime soon.
I think they are hoping to open from the 4th July.