Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Feb 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Oh it's sooo nice to hear gardening is being mentioned, Spring can't be far off then, eh?

We have taken delivery of our compost for our new raised beds so we can eventually plant salad veg for this year.
We built the raised bed at the end of last year and it has soon come around, nearly time to use it and it seemed forever off at the time

We are off this week from work, and as have no holiday to go on, are instead busying ourselves building the summerhouse we bought. (Well, I say WE are, but I mean HE is, I'm just painting it and making tea! )
So far we have the shell of it up, 3 coats of Cuprinol Willow green and Country Cream for the doors on the outside, Tomorrow is the roof covering.
Coming along nicely!

Can't wait to start planting my veg though!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Oh it's sooo nice to hear gardening is being mentioned, Spring can't be far off then, eh?

We have taken delivery of our compost for our new raised beds so we can eventually plant salad veg for this year.
We built the raised bed at the end of last year and it has soon come around, nearly time to use it and it seemed forever off at the time

We are off this week from work, and as have no holiday to go on, are instead busying ourselves building the summerhouse we bought. (Well, I say WE are, but I mean HE is, I'm just painting it and making tea! )
So far we have the shell of it up, 3 coats of Cuprinol Willow green and Country Cream for the doors on the outside, Tomorrow is the roof covering.
Coming along nicely!

Can't wait to start planting my veg though!
I keep telling myself that spring is coming around the corner, but it’s still very cold here 😀 It will be lovely to be able to start planting the veg soon too. I really enjoyed being able to eat the food we had grown ourselves last summer.

Your summerhouse sounds lovely, that will be so nice throughout the summer if we do still have to spend it at home more again. I can’t wait to see a photo of it finished. Making tea is a vital contribution to any diy project, I’m sure your DH appreciates your help 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I keep telling myself that spring is coming around the corner, but it’s still very cold here 😀 It will be lovely to be able to start planting the veg soon too. I really enjoyed being able to eat the food we had grown ourselves last summer.

Your summerhouse sounds lovely, that will be so nice throughout the summer if we do still have to spend it at home more again. I can’t wait to see a photo of it finished. Making tea is a vital contribution to any diy project, I’m sure your DH appreciates your help 😂
It's very cold here too BUT the nights are getting lighter
Good luck on your second season of home grown veg!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I ordered some from the company loopyloo recommended - the bulbs in the pots are coming through but the ones I did in the borders are a no show which is a shame! I probably planted them too deep my plants looked wrecked in the garden - I fear the cold temperatures of last week was too much for them !
Dont give up on them, bulbs are very clever, and can ‘move’ even turn right side up if planted incorrectly, also they all come up different times. Patience my friend! Hopefully they will appear soon x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Am loving the lighter evenings and birdsong. Loving seeing the birds feed but we had a sparrow hawk on the fence this afternoon casually clutching a poor little vole.

Our trip reports -

Edited at 06:57 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Am loving the lighter evenings and birdsong. We had a sparrow hawk on the fence this afternoon casually clutching a poor little vole.
Oh no! Poor vole!
Isn't nature just lovely! (sorry!)

And birdsong, yes, just seems to have been 'switched' back on, of late!
Old 16 Feb 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I made this home made feeder today, a bit of garden wire and cheese, apple, grapes, sultanas.

Our trip reports -
Old 16 Feb 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Am loving the lighter evenings and birdsong. Loving seeing the birds feed but we had a sparrow hawk on the fence this afternoon casually clutching a poor little vole.
It was awful the other week - I looked out my conservatory door and saw a sparrow hawk attacking a small bird - I made my son run out and scare it but it was too late. I have never seen a sparrow hawk in my area before. Nature can be cruel at times.
Old 16 Feb 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I made this home made feeder today, a bit of garden wire and cheese, apple, grapes, sultanas.

I may pinch that idea for the children in nursery 😀
Old 16 Feb 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I do love the lighter nights. The veg was very hit or miss last year but it was fun to grow
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List