Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Sep 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

Three vs O2

I'm considerting switching my phone contract from O2 to Three when it expires.

One of the benefits of Three is that they offer free internatinal roaming, which would be ideal for our Orlando trip next year.

What are peoples experiences of using either network in Orlando?
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You'll almost certainly get a 50/50 split of responses. We have used Three for a number of years quite happily in the USA.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We did exactly that last January in preparation for our Florida holiday that didn’t happen. Was fed up with O2 in the USA and after watching how our DD could use the internet wherever she was. O2 was useless on the M6, M4 and M25 when travelling to visit DD and DS but we haven’t been able to test that.

I do know that the signal is useless in our house despite 3 saying we would be fine, however it does automatically switch to WiFi when the signal drops - which is 99% of the time. Walk 10 feet down the drive and it’s fine. Never had a problem at home with O2. 3 gave us far more Data, unlimited calls and messages than we needed at half the cost of O2 so we will stick with them for now.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I did have a 3 at home sim for travel but this year I changed over completely. Obviously I have no idea if it works or not as I have barely left Essex for 7 months!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
The Fatadder
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Im in the exact same situation, will be reading with interest.

I have been with O2 since I left 3 circa 2004, when you switch do you tell the new provider a date from which you want the contract to run (so you aren’t doubling up in one month?)

O2’s signal is so non existent in our house 3 couldn’t be any worse.
The Fatadder is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've been a 3 customer for donkeys years, never had any issues using my phone in Florida or anywhere else abroad
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I had a three contract and it was perfect for USA, but rubbish at home. I am in a built up area, but had very poor signal inside my house. For that reason I changed to Vodafone and have a contract with roaming +. As well as USA, this includes my other two favourite places, Canada and Cayman Islands which no other companies do (well I haven't found any when researching it).

Not that any of that is the least bit useful at the moment.
Old 29 Sep 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

I was on a contract with 02 since it was BT Cellnet. I swapped over to Sky Mobile recently because it was cheaper.
02 worked perfectly for me in UK and US/Canada. Sky Mobile uses the 02 network.

I have a '3' PAYG SIM topped up for US which works everywhere the same as 02.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I've been a 3 customer for donkeys years, never had any issues using my phone in Florida or anywhere else abroad
Same here
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I was an O2 customer for years until 4 years or so ago. Not sure if O2 still do the treats but we're in Scotland and the only time I managed to bag anything was entrance into the O2 lounge at the O2 in London. Still had to pay for the drinks, so no treat tbh.

Got a great deal with Three, O2 deals were rubbish at the time.

No difference in signals, for me anyway.

I've always used data abroad, and with O2 was expensive, from memory I think it was capped in USA but it fair mounted up. No charges when we went to USA last summer and year before that. Used it as a sat nav to get to Naples and back. I can see no negative with Three. I've also had to contact them on a couple of occasions, I can't think why, but I've done it through the app on my phone and they've been super quick and helpful.

If you do decide to jump ship, back your phone up, and say you want to keep your number. Really easy to do. I've had the same number for years and years.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List