Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Feb 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Universal cabana bay or endless summer resort?

Looking at doing 8 nights at a universal hotel for our family of 5.
Out of the two above which do you think is better, and why?

Price difference is about £200 more at cabana bay in a standard suite for the 8 nights total (£870 ish at endless summer and £1064 ish at cabana bay).

Have stayed at Royal Pacific before to get the express passes, but think a bigger room might be better for a longer stay, (plus husband gets the disabled access card, so didn't really need express passes).

If you've stayed at cabana bay suites, what was the sofa bed like to sleep on?

Just trying to weigh up if the £200 extra is worth it.

Also if it changes anything we will probably have one annual pass so if you've had discount on the hotels before would this make a difference to either of the prices above?

Thanks as always everyone.
🙂👍
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I loved cabana Bay and spent 5 nights on the sofa bed in the suite with no issues. If your ok with spending £200 then I’d definitely do it. We loved our stay there. A few little things. Endless Summer the pools aren’t deep and are pretty shallow. That’s a big thing for us as a family. Also you have your own entry into Volcano Bay. We didn’t stay there in 2019 only because of express passes at Royal Pacific. Pics in my 2017 trip report in my signature below.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Endless Summer is very good for the money and nice enough, but it’s off site, at the end of International Drive with strip malls etc around it, whereas at Cabana bay, you are in the nicely set out landscaped area of Universal and can walk straight into Volcano Bay, as well as walk to the parks or get the boat at Sapphire falls. I would much rather be in Cabana Bay if I could afford the extra money, but you would be happy I’m sure with Endless Summer.
Also check out a connecting 2 rooms at Aventura, Aventura is very nice also.
Old 8 Feb 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Endless Summer is very good for the money and nice enough, but it’s off site, at the end of International Drive with strip malls etc around it, whereas at Cabana bay, you are in the nicely set out landscaped area of Universal and can walk straight into Volcano Bay, as well as walk to the parks or get the boat at Sapphire falls. I would much rather be in Cabana Bay if I could afford the extra money, but you would be happy I’m sure with Endless Summer.
Also check out a connecting 2 rooms at Aventura, Aventura is very nice also.
Do you know how long does it take to walk to universal from cabana bay? or do you just walk to sapphire falls then get a boat? How long does that take?
My husband is disabled and uses a mobility scooter so the transport needs to be mobility friendly. If staying at endless summer, assume we'd need to use the buses or keep our car hire whilst there.
Sorry for more questions 😊.
Thanks
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
Do you know how long does it take to walk to universal from cabana bay? or do you just walk to sapphire falls then get a boat? How long does that take?
My husband is disabled and uses a mobility scooter so the transport needs to be mobility friendly. If staying at endless summer, assume we'd need to use the buses or keep our car hire whilst there.
Sorry for more questions 😊.
Thanks
Yes he would be best getting the boat, it’s just across the road. Aventura is even closer to the boat.
As to the walk, this is from Aventura, it’s quite a long but great walk, we did it regularly, Cabana Bay is across the first road you see (15 seconds in). The first hotel you see as the video maker comes out of Aventura is Sapphire Falls where the boat is. Would be a bit far to walk/ wheelchair if disabled I imagine, but maybe not?

There’s also a bus from Cabana Bay but the boat is much better as it takes you right opposite Hard Rock Cafe rather than the car park areas, and you go through security getting on the boat.

Volcano Bay is walk in from both Cabana Bay and Aventura so I imagine that is good for disabled people.

Edited at 02:13 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Angcap
Getting Excited

Another vote for cabana bay. We regularly walked back from the park as it’s a nice walk. The boats are brilliant (especially if you happen by chance to get the party boat, husband usually hates that type of thing but was laughing his head off &#128512. Never needed to wait for a bus as one arrives just as one leaves - very slick. Lots of people used the mobility scooters and the transport seemed to be well geared up for them.
Angcap is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LOUISEACAT
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi Dibbers- interested in this also as thinking of Endless Summer. I like the idea of being near I Drive and different/cheaper eats than CityWalk but SF, Aventura look very nice.
LOUISEACAT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I've not stayed elsewhere at Universal, but we did Endless Summer in 2019 and really liked it, we had the family suite and it was a really good size, really comfortable. Bus to universal was good, we never had to wait long. Pool was quite uninspiring but there was lots of space and the bar and food options were reasonable.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Is the £200 extra justified for cabana Bay ? Yes definalty if just for the location alone.
Old 9 Feb 21, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone,
Think we will spend the extra £200 for cabana bay, (and getting an annual Pass, so finger crossed an annual pass room discount comes out for cabana bay that brings the price difference down).

Which area of the hotel would you recommend for someone with walking disabilities and a mobility scooter?
And would you pick exterior, interior or pool views, depending on extra cost?
Ideally think requesting closer to lobby area, and lower level but not sure if a specific building request would be advisable?

Thanks 😊