Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Currency card for kids

Just wondering do you give your children seperate spending money or just buy what they want while out there's? is there a currency card suitable for children. My children will be 12 and 14 when we go and I'd quite like for them to have some money on their own cards for treats, souvenirs etc. Or do you just give your children their spending money in cash?
Old 22 Feb 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mine got cash. And they didn’t get it all at once. When they were very little is was daily but by 12/14 I think they might have had access to it all at once but carried by us for safe keeping.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Normally they have cash but we have kids Revolut cards for next time. They are linked to me and DW cards.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have a revolut card that has the kids spending money on, they take a little bit of cash, usually what family have given them and the rest on the card. That way I can keep track of their spending.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

If just for Disney, why not put their money on a Disney gift card when you get there.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

My children (10 & 7) save all year and put it in a see through Disney (Holiday) saving boxes so they can see the money building up. They save up all their Birthday and Christmas money. We also have a deal where if we leave coins lying around they have permission to swipe it and stick it in the boxes. They raid the back of the Sofa etc

Gives them real freedom to get what they want and has learnt them to save / value of saving. They just save now without moaning which is nice

They literally end up taking hundreds and hundreds of dollars every time. Given the current situation they now have an incredible total!

They also have GoHenry cards where they get their regular pocket money paid but I don't think they offer good value abroad. I didn't know about Revolut for kids - will look into it! Better than taking cash and its a right faff when you have to manage 2 kids and a wife buying stuff with 3 separate wallets :P

Edited at 11:47 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
My children (10 & 7) save all year and put it in a see through Disney (Holiday) saving boxes so they can see the money building up. They save up all there Birthday and Christmas money. We also have a deal where if we leave coins lying around they have permission to swipe it and stick it in the boxes. They raid the back of the Sofa etc

Gives them real freedom to get what they want and has learnt them to save / value of saving. They just save no without moaning which is nice

They literally end up taking hundreds and hundreds of dollars every time. Given the current situation they now have an incredibly total!

They also have GoHenry cards where they get there regular pocket money paid but I don't think they offer good value abroad. I didn't know about Revolut for kids - will look into it! Better than taking cash and its a right faff when you have to manage 2 kids and a wife buying stuff with 3 separate wallets :P
I’m not sure you can have a great deal loaded on to the kids Revolut cards at a time but they are linked to your accounts so you transfer funds over. We got them awhile back but haven’t had the chance to use them properly so not 100% on them yet.

Edit. Only £4000 can be sent to a Revolut Junior account in any one year and only £3000 can be held in it at any one time.
Only £120 can be withdrawn at an ATM per day. Also, only 3 ATM withdrawals can be made per day, and 6 per week, in total.
Only £500 can be spent on a Revolut Junior card, and only 15 transactions can be made, per day.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Another tip - get family to get the kids dollars for Christmas / Birthdays instead of pounds. Stops them spending it on other things

Worked wonder for us and the kids love having dollars - works on many levels - add to the build up.

Edited at 11:47 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

My kids are younger - 9 and 7 but I have $20 a day in an envelope for them - someone here recommended it and they know now that that's their limit!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Normally they have cash but we have kids Revolut cards for next time. They are linked to me and DW cards.
That's good to know. Might give this a go next time.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List