Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Mar 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Jobsworth of the day

My Tesco delivery arrived this morning and the delivery man stacked the crates up on my doorstep as per the norm. I wished him a good morning and lifted the first crate up to bring in my kitchen and the delivery driver said I wasn't allowed to carry the crates into my house due to cross contamination as per the small prints in the terms and conditions since April last year. So I said okay and took my time taking a few items at a time out the crates to carry in my kitchen while the delivery man lit a cigarette and made a personal phone call.

I then had to lift/touch every empty crate which I then placed on my drive where cats and foxes are known to wee and poo. So I still had to handle every crate to put it on my drive which the delivery man must have considered more sterile than my house.

I heard the delivery driver say to the person on the phone that the covid antibodies only stay in your body for up to 6 months, so perhaps he is also a scientist in his spare time.

At least the delivery man amused my otherwise boring lockdown morning, but I believe he definitely deserves the Jobsworth of the day award

Edited at 11:49 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

He just fancied a break 😂

We get our delivered with the crate bags, just lift the bag out of the crate and pop in the hallway. They’re away in a few minutes and I don’t have to cart the trays to and fro. The crate bags work well for cleaning out our guinea pig hutch so double win 👍
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We have the crate bags too, I usually ask the driver to put them just inside the porch to save bending so far with them... as in every job, you get the super kind and helpful, the “just as much as necessary” and the “I’m doing as little as possible”... Some delivery services ask you to rate your delivery person, Tesco should do the same...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We were allowed to bring the crates into the kitchen as usual on Friday night.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've always use my own bags and fill them from the crate 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
We were allowed to bring the crates into the kitchen as usual on Friday night.
We have always been allowed to carry the crates in and I literally throw the food out to put away later to avoid delaying the drivers.

I was more amused by the driver today saying about cross contamination when I still had to lift every crate and put them on my non sterile drive.

I perhaps should have asked the driver if it's in his employment contract that he can smoke outside customers homes and make personal phone calls in the presence of customers

Edited at 12:41 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I got a Deliveroo order from co op to get bread on Friday and few other bits, the bread was the one thing I needed more than anything else. 20 minutes later it came with everything but the bread, I didn’t notice till he’d driven off because there was no warbutons I got nothing! I thought I’d share my uninteresting story like you shared yours!
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I got a Deliveroo order from co op to get bread on Friday and few other bits, the bread was the one thing I needed more than anything else. 20 minutes later it came with everything but the bread, I didn’t notice till he’d driven off because there was no warbutons I got nothing! I thought I’d share my uninteresting story like you shared yours!
This is ironic coming from someone who makes a thread out of walking her dog😂😂😂
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
This is ironic coming from someone who makes a thread out of walking her dog😂😂😂
Hey this is more interesting everyone gets jabbed and has no symptoms, me and dh both feel ill today. He said he’s got flu symptoms and I feel like I’m coming down with a bug! Why did we get symptoms but nobody I know does and I have to walk the dog lol 😂
Old 8 Mar 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazza
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
He just fancied a break 😂

We get our delivered with the crate bags, just lift the bag out of the crate and pop in the hallway. They’re away in a few minutes and I don’t have to cart the trays to and fro. The crate bags work well for cleaning out our guinea pig hutch so double win 👍
We have the crate bags. Makes life much easier
Wazza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List