Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Mar 21, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
I googled and something suggested there may be a nest nearby and he is seeing his reflection and trying to get to the other bird. hope he takes the hint soon.. he is still doing it! i mean how many hours... he could be having so much more fun lol.
This reminds me of the time I watched a bumblebee outside waggling away. Clearly trying to dance and get the attention of the other bee. It was its own shadow
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We have wood pigeons nest in our laurels every year. I assume the same ones and their offspring come back. They are back now. We love them coming, but they are a pain waking us up in the early mornings.
Old 17 Mar 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I have this tapping on my patio doors! He gets quite irritated if I don't leave him out some food when I fill the bird feeders up !
Old 17 Mar 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
I have this tapping on my patio doors! He gets quite irritated if I don't leave him out some food when I fill the bird feeders up !
Oh we have one too. He visits daily looking to be fed. Even the dogs don’t scare him away.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

I've really enjoyed reading this thread, and the photos. We moved to this house 8 years ago. 6 months later I had a cochlear implant fitted. When I was "switched on" 6 weeks after my op I learned two things, the first was we lived close to Southend Airport flight path (&#128580 and the second, that our garden was full of birdsong. DH put up a bird feeder and a bird bath and its just been such a joy, listening to them and watching them, I can sit for ages doing just that. Simple pleasures, sometimes the best sort.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I've really enjoyed reading this thread, and the photos. We moved to this house 8 years ago. 6 months later I had a cochlear implant fitted. When I was "switched on" 6 weeks after my op I learned two things, the first was we lived close to Southend Airport flight path (&#128580 and the second, that our garden was full of birdsong. DH put up a bird feeder and a bird bath and its just been such a joy, listening to them and watching them, I can sit for ages doing just that. Simple pleasures, sometimes the best sort.
Thats fabulous about the birds. We sit at the table and have our lunch sandwiches & watch the antics of the little birds. You get to know they do have personalities. I have an old bird nut feeder that is not longer used for food (ancient wooden thing) so I have for years put any fur in it when I brush out the dog, for when the birds start nesting & love watching them pull the fur through the holes & its a joy to clean out the nest boxes and find my dogs fur in there & know it has been keeping the little ones warm. This is one of the Blue Tits taking the fur:

Edited at 04:44 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

We had this last year with a Blue Tit. He kept tapping at the window every day for 5 days. I phoned the RSPB and they told me it was a normal mating thing for them. They think the reflection is a mate for them. He told me to put some newspaper on the window and it would stop tapping.

We decided to let it carry on. Besides, I didn't know which newspaper he preferred, The Times or the Sun. 😂
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Yea my lil birdy friend is still around. Not quite as solidly as he was before thankfully.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Thats fabulous about the birds. We sit at the table and have our lunch sandwiches & watch the antics of the little birds. You get to know they do have personalities. I have an old bird nut feeder that is not longer used for food (ancient wooden thing) so I have for years put any fur in it when I brush out the dog, for when the birds start nesting & love watching them pull the fur through the holes & its a joy to clean out the nest boxes and find my dogs fur in there & know it has been keeping the little ones warm. This is one of the Blue Tits taking the fur:
What a brilliant idea... lovely pic.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

I had a black crow making a noise and pecking our bedroom window this morning around 6.00

I opened the curtain and shocked it and it flew off

Lets hope my covid bed hair has put it off doing it again
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List