Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Apr 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

We tend to go in August so we are used to it.

Last time in 2019 we were in the magic kingdom one evening and it was absolutely torrential, we tend to just get on with it best we can as you get to the point where you literally can’t be any wetter. Thankfully the bus drivers can be sensible and then the air con down on days like that

There’s something quite magical and freeing about skipping down Main Street splashing around
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Not Disney, but one year it was quiet at Islands of Adventure so after the first trip round on Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges there was no-one waiting. There was me and the two eldest girls and group on young women from Nottingham and we were told we stay on, three times

Where we got off we were drowned and also in serious trouble, as Stella was being the bag lady and looking after the little one. She was not happy

Another non-Disney one was when we went to SeaWorld and it just started raining. It'll be fine we thought, we'll put on the ponchos, it'll ease off in a bit. We did Wild Arctic and when we came out it was biblical, so we decide to call it a day. We walked back to the car in water above our ankles.

Another time it started raining at Epcot and me being the clever one decided that I wouldn't need a poncho, because it wouldn't last. We went to smoking area and I lit a cigarette just as there was a cloud burst and while the girls were all reasonably dry I was stood there like a drowned rat holding just the filter. I even needed to buy a new T-shirt from one of the shops in world showcase. It would have been cheaper to buy a poncho
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

My kids got absolutely soaked on Ripsaw Falls at Universal on our 2019 trip. It was practically the 1st ride of the day - and as it’d been many years since my previous trip there, I’d either forgotten or it was possibly a ride that hadn’t been there before, so I didn’t realise how wet they’d get! They didn’t care though, thought it was hilarious! the only reason I didn’t go on (I did join queue) is that youngest DD at the time got worried and wanted to exit, but wanted me to go with her, so we waited outside for the others.
Years ago when I went with my best friend to Florida (age 18), we went to Busch Gardens on an organised coach trip. I can’t for the life of me remember the name of the ride, but it was a water ride with a bridge that goes over - people wait on the bridge to get wet & cool down in summer. My friend and I went on this ride for 2nd time that day, and didn’t realise that it was nearly time to get back on the coach. We had to nip to a shop and buy shorts & t-shirt each, then nip to the restroom to change before getting back in the coach. I was still cold the whole journey back with the aircon on full blast as still had wet underwear under the new shorts (with hindsight I should’ve bought a bikini to wear underneath!).
In Disneyland Paris (with DH & 2 kids at the time), we’d gone in June and weather had been glorious. Each day there’d been a chance of rain so we’d clipped rain cover to buggy just incase (was a bit cumbersome though) and we didn’t get any rain on the first 3 days, so next morning we decide to unclip rain cover & leave at hotel. Again, lovely sunny weather (mid 20’s), we came off a ride and noticed a huge black cloud and within a few minutes the heavens opened (we remember commenting that we thought we’d been beamed to Florida for a moment!) DD at the time needed a nap in buggy so we got a towel from shop and managed to somehow clip to buggy hood to act as a rain cover - luckily as new towels are not very absorbent it did the job! I can remember others coming off rides to find puddles of rain in their children’s buggies though.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shauney View Post
Not Disney for us but IoA. Bilge Rat Barges - we'd have been drier if we'd jumped in to a swimming pool. Still laugh about it to this day
Exactly this!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

We were all on Kali River Rapids in AK. The ride stopped about half way through (we were already wet) and then the heavens opened!

We were stuck on the ride for about 10-15 minutes and were soaked wet through to the bone.

The rain continued to downpour, we managed to get off the ride and decided to call it a day. We then got lost, in the rain, trying to find our car

We did not stop laughing though and it was definitely one of the most memorable days

Edited at 08:01 PM.
welshmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
saffy202
Apprentice Imagineer

soaked on Cali Rapids and it was a dull day so we were freezing. Only me and my husband got drenched and the kids thought it was hilarious
Old 5 Apr 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Was it tidal wave it’s been away for a while now
We got absolutely soaked on Tidal Wave-first ride of the day and drenched,we may as well have just jumped in a pool fully clothed!DH was not impressed! 🤣
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
LIZH
Imagineer

Not in a Disney Park, but we were in Seaworld and the heavens opened it was sheet rain and you could barely see in front of you. My poor Dad was struggling walking and had refused to use a wheelchair or scooter and when the heavens opened everyone started running but my Dad couldn’t, so I ended up telling everyone else to run and I did a slow walk with my Dad until we got to the restaurant, we were soaked to the skin and there was water running out my sandals. At the time I was raging but now my Dad has gone it’s a fond memory which I can laugh at. Miss you Dad😪
LIZH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Simple, Kali Rapids!
Despite wearing a poncho, I was deluged with water on my head. Can remember hearing people in the queue afterwards say 'and she was wearing a poncho!' I looked like a drowned rat.🤣
It was so hilarious that I couldn't stop laughing, and my laughter became so infectious with my family, that we had to hang onto the railings as we couldn't walk. Never laughed so hard 😂😂😂
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List