Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Apr 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

I’ve got a Skoda Superb estate. Probably one of the best cars I’ve owned (and I’ve had a few premium German branded cars).
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Had one for a number of years. Spacious inside. Reliable. Feel solid to drive. DSG gearbox worked well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tiptoe
Dancing with Tink'

I have had a MK1, MK2, MK3 and MK4 Octvaia VRS... that says it all.

Fun to drive economically and really fun to drive in VRS mode

You will not be disappointed.
tiptoe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

I had the Octavia VRS for the last 5 years (2 models in that time) and I REALLY wanted to get the new version this year but as they have done a facelift model and I think due to the pandemic and less availability the prices for the new models worked out at something like £80 p/m more than what I have paid the last 5 years so I decided to go with the Kodiaq this time. (Although it was due April and now has been delayed until June so I'm car-less! )

I think I might regret swapping the VRS for the 1.5 Kodiaq due to the loss of power and loosing the Automatic! I absolutely loved both my VRS's, first was a manual and second was an automatic - I would recommend them to anyone, such a high spec car with the VW/Audi engine for much less money and much less chance of being stolen!

Even though I have not yet got the Kodiaq I am already planning on swapping it for a VRS in 3 years The ONLY thing to note with the VRS is that the suspension is lower than the standard version and seats are a bit like "bucket" seats so they are low - I never had a problem but my dad has a bit of a bad back and did struggle getting out of it if he ever had to drive it... my mum had to pull him out haha

Edited at 12:13 PM.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Work uses Skoda Octavia Estates as their pool cars. They get driven a lot (or, at least, they used to before last year) and were very reliable and roomy. I've driven them a few times and they are very good.

I've got a Skoda Fabia and DD has my old Skoda Citigo. I like Skodas.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hes test driving it tomorrow, his bmw is costing him a small fortune atm. So think it will be adios to it xxx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

A friend of my partner has one and loves it. I had a vRS Fabia a few years back - bloody fantastic car.
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

any VAG car is a decent bet for quality/reliability

i think the interiors on skoda is a bit more hard plasticy than say Audi

personally ive never owned one & I still think if Skoda had rebranded they would sell a lot more.. yep im a badge snob..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
any VAG car is a decent bet for quality/reliability

i think the interiors on skoda is a bit more hard plasticy than say Audi

personally ive never owned one & I still think if Skoda had rebranded they would sell a lot more.. yep im a badge snob..
The VAG Group are far from as reliable as they once were unfortunately especially the diesels, but on the whole if they are looked after and serviced correctly the Skoda is a cracking purchase.

At the end of the day Skoda cars are essentially the same as the higher priced Audi and Volkswagen models - same running gear, gadgets etc. just wrapped up in a slightly different bodyshell and at a more affordable price. Why pay loads more just to say you have an Audi?

Great potential purchase - if its second hand make sure it's not been a lease car or hire car (1 owner can mean Avis which is never a good thing!), If its a diesel make sure it gets a good thrashing every so often to prevent issues with the DPF clogging up, other than that go for it!

Edited at 10:52 AM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
The VAG Group are far from as reliable as they once were unfortunately especially the diesels, but on the whole if they are looked after and serviced correctly the Skoda is a cracking purchase.

At the end of the day Skoda cars are essentially the same as the higher priced Audi and Volkswagen models - same running gear, gadgets etc. just wrapped up in a slightly different bodyshell and at a more affordable price. Why pay loads more just to say you have an Audi?

Great potential purchase - if its second hand make sure it's not been a lease car or hire car (1 owner can mean Avis which is never a good thing!), If its a diesel make sure it gets a good thrashing every so often to prevent issues with the DPF clogging up, other than that go for it!

my last 3 cars have been VAG Audi & not had any issues with any of them

i know they all share the same frame/under the bonnet bits but prefer the interiors on audi & happily admit I'm a label snob same with clothers/trainers etc... sad i know...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List