Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Apr 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Any joy ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Any joy ?
The screws/bolts should have been here Saturday but are due today (by 7pm) - rather later than promised so will see and try tomorrow. If no good will wander down to that little hardware shop later in the week when I have more time

Thanks for asking and your suggestions 👍🙏
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

They arrived and re not right - too lose and not long enough by far. Feels like th embed doesnt have any thread

Will pop to the hardware store later this week to see if he has any or even a screw with a bolt would work to set the legs - 3 sets of legs each need 4

All rather disappointing

Some photos of the steamer taking up a fair amount of space in my study/office and the screws/holes

Edited at 07:21 PM. Reason: Updated with photos
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Oh no, thats sad.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Oh no ☹️

Hope you manage to find the right screws!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Screws aside, those steamer chairs look lovely. Once you have the bit in, the lounger on the balcony and the cocktail in hand, it will all be worth it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh no what a pain! I didn’t realise this type of chair came in pieces - mine came ready assembled on a pallet. Send them back - you don’t need this hassle.
Otherwise, this is a job for your handyman!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Oh no what a pain! I didn’t realise this type of chair came in pieces - mine came ready assembled on a pallet. Send them back - you don’t need this hassle.
Otherwise, this is a job for your handyman!
Their advert was misleading (one of my quarrels with them) as I had thought it came ready assembled

They ant it back but they want to to de-assemble it all and pack it - as if that is going to happen ! Or a £50 to find screws locally (I am going to try that as I am nearly there with it ) and do like the quality - now lockdown is over (although Wandsworth where I live is gong into a tiz over a variant ) I could get a man in

If yu have the name of the company you got yours from please let me know as I may want more
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Their advert was misleading (one of my quarrels with them) as I had thought it came ready assembled

They ant it back but they want to to de-assemble it all and pack it - as if that is going to happen ! Or a £50 to find screws locally (I am going to try that as I am nearly there with it ) and do like the quality - now lockdown is over (although Wandsworth where I live is gong into a tiz over a variant ) I could get a man in

If yu have the name of the company you got yours from please let me know as I may want more
I do, highly recommend them. Got other stuff from them too - I’ll WhatsApp you later x
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I do, highly recommend them. Got other stuff from them too - I’ll WhatsApp you later x
Thank you. I wish, now. I had asked Dibb before I ordered but I was in a panic after JL cancelled my order and we had a few warm days - all that in haste . Never use vidaXL again