Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Apr 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
BA holiday sale

Thinking of booking a trip for October with the BA sale. Their terms and conditions re cancellations or changes seem good and we like the low deposit. Anyone found any potential problems otherwise? We had a lot of hassle and/or financial loss last year with companies so trying to check everything carefully. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
They were excellent to deal with last summer.

We’ve booked for February as very happy with their policy for cancellations.
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Thanks, looking into the car hire situation now as there is a choice between Avis and Budget.
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Thinking of booking a trip for October with the BA sale. Their terms and conditions re cancellations or changes seem good and we like the low deposit. Anyone found any potential problems otherwise? We had a lot of hassle and/or financial loss last year with companies so trying to check everything carefully. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
BA have been absolutely fantastic, 99% of customers have had speedy refunds if flights are cancelled and they give the ability to pay a low deposit and take a voucher if you decide not to fly. Full payment at three weeks before travel is amazing I think, I don't know another airline that does this, there may well be some I just don't know any.

The vouchers are usable until April 2023 if you need to cancel. I have used three vouchers for the deposit for a new holiday, I think I read on the website you can use 4. If you claim a group voucher for all those travelling only one of the origional group has to be on the new booking.

I think BA have been as accessible and flexible as they can. I have always used BA and will continue to do so, I know others are fans of other airlines but as I say I have yet to find one who has offered the same care through the pandemic.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Thanks, looking into the car hire situation now as there is a choice between Avis and Budget.
Apply to be a member of Avis direct that way you skip the car hire line and go straight to the garage, with Avis you get a second free driver, not sure about budget, we always use Avis
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We have moved our flight from November to January to June with very little hassle.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
It’s the three weeks before paying the balance that is making us choose them. Both of us fully vaccinated already and we know the area on the coast we are looking at very well from previous trips so planning a quiet break over my birthday (the big one last year had to be cancelled) Thanks for the replies and reassurance
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
How long does the sale usually go on for? I am genuinely hovering over New York for mine and DH's 5 year wedding anniversary...
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Just booked, near Naples Florida for 2 weeks in Oct. The Sale is on until 22nd April I think. We just thought we would book and decide when the balance is due.
Old 11 Apr 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
I suppose it's a win win, in the sense that, am I right in thinking you get your deposit back in voucher form if you choose to cancel?

And then it's free amendments and/or the different in price?
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List