Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Apr 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Airport Parking/Terminals: Manchester from end July

Just in case it helps anyone else, I have parking at Manchester Airport for our September trip. Looking4Parking originally helped us move it from 2020 to this year.

I have T2 multistorey, and was wondering if I should move it to to T1, as it's the only terminal at the moment, though I'm sure it's early days as no one has a crystal ball!

However, I tweeted Looking4Parking and they did give me a helpful steer:

I would keep it as it is for now. So far, Manchester Airport have kept bookings at Terminal 2 from the end of July, so it looks like they are planning on re-opening the terminal. From experience of the last few months, if they do close terminal 2 they will also close the car parks so will move your booking.
Just thought it might save anyone else from asking, if you're thinking the same thing as I was, at least for now!
Old 16 Apr 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JulieB01
VIP Dibber

JulieB01's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi

On Manchester Airport parking (with them not a 3rd party) they are saying that Terminal 2 is closed until 1/7/21, so you should be OK for September

Welcome to our own Home From Home

4 bed/3 bath Golf Course Villa with Pool and Games Room

Updated carpets and kitchen appliances in 2021

JulieB01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MissCellaneous
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JulieB01 View Post
Hi

On Manchester Airport parking (with them not a 3rd party) they are saying that Terminal 2 is closed until 1/7/21, so you should be OK for September
Thank you for that, that helps I was just a bit confused as I contacted Virgin, who still seem to think they could be flying from T1 - but of course I'm sure everything will change before then, and I'm fairly certain Virgin were just answering based on 'now'.

Either way seems best to hang tight!
Old 16 Apr 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to hijack this post, does anyone k know where aer lingus' new flights will be departing from?
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jmagla
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fraggle35 View Post
Sorry to hijack this post, does anyone k know where aer lingus' new flights will be departing from?
Terminal 2
jmagla is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MissCellaneous View Post
Thank you for that, that helps I was just a bit confused as I contacted Virgin, who still seem to think they could be flying from T1 - but of course I'm sure everything will change before then, and I'm fairly certain Virgin were just answering based on 'now'.

Either way seems best to hang tight!
I've asked Virgin this too and I also think they are answering for 'now'. But they did tell me that T2 is all ready, their new lounge is just waiting for Manchester to open T2, so its all down to how busy the airport gets over the coming months.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
KemlynUltra
Helping Minnie

Is there any news on whether the new terminal will be opening up including the new Virgin Clubhouse?
KemlynUltra is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Just had a look on HolidayExtras and at the minute you can only book T1 parking.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fraggle35 View Post
I was wondering the same as we are hopefully on one 30 July!