Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Borrow My Doggy

Morning

I was hoping to see if anyone had any experience with using this company. I have just joined as a dog owner and I am curious to see how others have found it, either as an owner or borrower. Also any tips or hints would be very much appreciated for finding the right people to spend time with my furball. Thank you

Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Video

I know someone who used to borrow a dog for her and her son and I got the impression that the owner was looking for a free dog sitter, and interestingly they now have the dog permanently (the owner eventually gave her and her son the dog).

I would never let anyone borrow my doggy unless I knew them well and fully trusted them, so I would never let anyone borrow a dog of mine through a company.

P.s. You dog is cute
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Where are you? I would love to walk your doggy! But sorry no experience although I did look into it when we moved but then we all know what happened!
Old 22 Apr 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I know someone who used to borrow a dog for her and her son and I got the impression that the owner was looking for a free dog sitter, and interestingly they now have the dog permanently (the owner eventually gave her and her son the dog).

I would never let anyone borrow my doggy unless I knew them well and fully trusted them, so I would never let anyone borrow a dog of mine through a company.

P.s. You dog is cute
I absolutely understand what you are saying. I work from home so I don’t actually need a dog Walker/sitter however we do have a trip booked for a week in Greece in July. My parents would normally have him but they are coming too! I don’t want to leave him with a pet sitting service as he is super shy. He needs to build a relationship with his humans first and I thought this would be lovely if we could find someone in our village who loves dogs but for their own reasons can’t have one full time.

Thank you, we think he is cute too!
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Where are you? I would love to walk your doggy! But sorry no experience although I did look into it when we moved but then we all know what happened!
Hello and that is really kind. We are in Yorkshire and there do seem to be quite a few ‘borrowers’ in and around our village.
Old 22 Apr 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I signed up a few years ago to better see what is was about, but I have never used it. I found the people in my area were actually dog walkers looking for business this way, I am not against people earning a living, but I didn’t think that was th purpose of the site.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I think if I were in your shoes I would find a home boarder who does dog walking (most do) and book him in for 1 walk a week to build up the relationship. Then send him off for a night there to make sure he is OK before your holiday.

With BMD I would be concerned as the people don't need any particular dog experience, don't have a reputation to uphold etc and also I would consider a paid pet sitter much more reliable than BMD if you want specific holiday cover.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Morning

I was hoping to see if anyone had any experience with using this company. I have just joined as a dog owner and I am curious to see how others have found it, either as an owner or borrower. Also any tips or hints would be very much appreciated for finding the right people to spend time with my furball. Thank you

I joined as a dog walker quite a few years ago
Met a few dogs before settling on one that worked well and would see her twice a week whilst her owner worked full time
It worked well for all of us - dog got some much needed company and exercise, the owner liked knowing her dog was out rather than stuck in all day and I got to have some nice dog company at a time where I couldn’t have my own
Old 22 Apr 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by catherinesian View Post
I think if I were in your shoes I would find a home boarder who does dog walking (most do) and book him in for 1 walk a week to build up the relationship. Then send him off for a night there to make sure he is OK before your holiday.

With BMD I would be concerned as the people don't need any particular dog experience, don't have a reputation to uphold etc and also I would consider a paid pet sitter much more reliable than BMD if you want specific holiday cover.
Great advice about the dog walking tester sessions.

We have found a dog boarding lady up in Northumberland we are going to use this August for a week and we are popping up to introduce her to our dog but I never thought about some tester dog walks as well. Thanks for the tip. We will definitely do this.
Old 22 Apr 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Your dog is gorgeous!
We have recently got a puppy and as much as I love my holidays, the thought leaving him is filling me with dread😰
My parents have offered to have him for us, but I have also been looking at Rover.com as my parents live a 2 hour drive away.
They have walkers, sitters and boarders either in your home or their own homes.
It’s kind of like an Airbnb type thing for dogs
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List