Notices

Old 22 Apr 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

Indian variant

So been thinking and slightly stressing over this but just thinking about it this morning I have come to the conclusion that we have around 600 cases of this now, and itís been around for a few weeks, but as hospitilations havenít increased and are still on a downward slope, there actually shouldnít be to much to worry about maybe! Or am I looking to optimistically at it? So worried about roadmap and restrictions being implemented again, but trying to keep positive!
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Iím really not worried either. It is what it is. So far, so good.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Hopefully the powers that be know by now if any hospitalisations have occurred because of this variant? and whether any of the 600 cases have been vaccinated and how ill theyíve become x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Hopefully the powers that be know by now if any hospitalisations have occurred because of this variant? and whether any of the 600 cases have been vaccinated and how ill theyíve become x
These are the figures that would be good to know, but I doubt very much that we will be told them!
Old 22 Apr 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
unidentified
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stink08 View Post
Or am I looking to optimistically at it?
Reports so far indicate that the vaccine still has some effectiveness against this variant, but with reduced efficacy.

So a concern to some but not for others.
unidentified is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
Reports so far indicate that the vaccine still has some effectiveness against this variant, but with reduced efficacy.

Could you provide a link ?

The reports i have seen at most say there is no data yet. Still in the realms of "might" may" "possibly" - not the fact you describe above.
Old 22 Apr 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unidentified View Post

Do you know if itís the same for both/all vaccines? If you can remember where you saw the info that would be great.
petit-pois is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

I suppose itís a wait and see, which is the worst thing, if hospital numbers start going up in a few weeks I suppose we will have an answer, have everything crossed but itís making me slightly anxious not gonna lie☹️
Old 22 Apr 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
unidentified
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redsnapper View Post
The reports i have seen at most say there is no data yet.
Take your chances and wait and see then I guess.
unidentified is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Apprentice Imagineer

Nanna Frozen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List