Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Apr 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Now its the dog!

Does anyone else want to throw ... mud my way 🤨 just bring on the stress!
I have my eldest and youngest children causing me worry and now poor Tilly.
She jumped off the bed this morning and yelped. Then spent 30 mins shaking. She isn’t limping but she is definitely walking gingerly and looks so sad! She has had a drink, eat and done her business in the garden but couldn’t jump back in the house so I had to carry her.
My husband nipped home at lunch to check in on her and Mason, he felt her back and legs and she didn’t flinch or anything. But she is definitely not herself.
I have just rang the vets and they said as she is eating, drinking and toileting they don’t deem it an emergency so keep an eye on her and ring back tomorrow if no improvement or immediately if she gets worse.
Poor thing, she is 12 so no longer a spring chicken.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Oh no.

Our poor little dog was fallen on by my husband. It was by mistake, he was carrying something, couldn't see him and simply fell and landed on top of the dog. My gosh did he scream (dog not husband) and then shook and went in to shock, vet checked him and could find nothing.

He was hardly able to walk for a week but gradually improved, hopefully your Tilly will pick up soon
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
Oh no.

Our poor little dog was fallen on by my husband. It was by mistake, he was carrying something, couldn't see him and simply fell and landed on top of the dog. My gosh did he scream (dog not husband) and then shook and went in to shock, vet checked him and could find nothing.

He was hardly able to walk for a week but gradually improved, hopefully your Tilly will pick up soon
I think Tilly’s shaking was shock too.
I am honestly surprised no one has fell on Tilly yet because she is always under the feet.
I feel so sorry for her, its sounds silly but she actually looks sad/miserable.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I think Tilly’s shaking was shock too.
I am honestly surprised no one has fell on Tilly yet because she is always under the feet.
I feel so sorry for her, its sounds silly but she actually looks sad/miserable.
It so sad our Rufus was dejected for several days , didnt want to move, carried him outside to toilet. He picked up gradually, I'm sure Tilly will too
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

My dog did this very same thing last year! He ended up at the emergency vet as I got DD out of bed to assess him and she thought he needed to go. He ended up on Metacam for a week as he hurt his flipping tail! He is such a mardy pants.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Poor thing. She might have hurt her back & might need a bit of pain relief.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Our Rolo does this sometimes now too, he is 11. It only lasts short term, not even a day, but he seems to ‘pull’ something in his rear left leg and it can make him Yelp a little and limp for a short while and he needs help getting up on the sofa for his cuddles. Then he’s perfectly fine again for weeks on end.

I’m going to mention it at his annual check up when it’s due in a couple of months, although I will take him to see them before then if it became more of a problem for him. I feel it’s just a sign of old age probably though so give him lots of extra cuddles and spoil him even more 💞

Edited at 03:47 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our Jack Russell did this a few months back , he was fine after a few days , no flinching when we touched his back legs either
We think he may have just pulled a muscle .
Give Tilly a few days , hopefully all will be ok 🤞🏻[
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Well thankfully Tilly seems a bit better. We are not walking her today though, just letting her sleep and rest curled up at my side 💗
Old 27 Apr 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Hope Tilly is ok
Re older dogs and joint stiffness I’ve been giving my almost 9 year old Husky x GSD YuMOVE for the past 3 months.
It’s meant to help their joints ( probably like 7 Seas jointcare for dogs).
It comes in a basic dose, YuMOVE plus for older dogs and one which is prescription only. He certainly seems to be moving easier since starting it. He was run over by a car when he was 14 months old and we were warned he would probably have some arthritis when he got older
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List